GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Been living under a rock for a while. What is the consensus on the latest FW?
Went back to threads from January but didn't really find anything. One report of part throttle actually being worse?

Hopefully "Change in spool up speed" = faster spool??

FIRMWARE RELEASED 01/27/2020, LINKED TO THIS POST

Firmware version is 60/86/5 - File Name JB4_EA888_8_6.hex

Refined part throttle driving
Change in spool up speed
Logging resolution increased

Black_Pearl_MK7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I just upgraded to that firmware, still a couple blips at idle after cold start but otherwise it pulls nice and no other issues. I can’t tell any change from previous.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Went back to threads from January but didn't really find anything. One report of part throttle actually being worse?

Change in spool up speed
8.5 has been VG to me.

SO3

sorry for that maybe dumb question. i didnt find anything about that.
as the JB4 is connected to CAN, is it possible to read out the parameters of the driving mode selection if the car has one built in? could it be possible that the box can switch the maps depending on the modes they are selected?
or is the VAG gateway system restricting these in any ways?

thanks in advance.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Maps are only selected manually unless JB4 defaults to safer due to error. There is absolutely no need to switch maps while driving. The added boost etc is only there when you put your foot down. JB4 doesn't affect normal driving at less than almost full throttle, at least with normal gas. Optimize it for your gas and conditions and forget about it in normal driving until it's time to pass.

Reactions: SO3

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Link is broken. Map 6 with 93 should be clean if all is in ordered.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3

Change in spool up speed

I'm currently using this one, JB4_EA888_8_6_T3.hex . Went from JB4_EA888_8_5_1.hex...and I can't tell much of a difference. 🤷‍♂️

Ketheptis

Hey guys, so I got my IE Catted downpipe installed, Vibrant J spacer, getting a code for lean mixture...so the usual. Only other mod is cat back, so it shouldn't have any impact on tuning.

I'm getting wheel spin in first and second gear, running map 3, and in map 2 to a lesser extent. Is it possible to use Map 6 to lower torque below 3000 RPM, and increase the top end power in gears 3-5? I'm honestly just not sure how granular the control is, it looks like you can limit overall max boost in 1st-3rd, but not otherwise adjust on a per gear basis, is that correct?

Ketheptis

Heck looking at a stock boost map, boost isn't actually kicking on on a stock tune until close to 3k anyway, might explain the difference. Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't even considered that I'll never need boost below 3k in ANY gear. Good tires, but no LSD, so I have to get it dialed in.

Edit: Is there a file or image of the Map 3 default settings? I'd like a known factor to start from.

Last edited: