GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
How easy was it for those of you who have it, to install the Bluetooth connector for the jb4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super easy. Totally worth it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Install Pic's

Looking for pic's showing where and how to mount the JB4.
Been through the whole thread and suprisingly didn't find many pictures of the unit actually installed and what was used to secure it.

Anyone have detailed mounting pic's they can share?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie

timsvr

Passed Driver's Ed
car studders at idle when i wiggle the main harness to the hb4 box? Also sometimes i have no rpm and other readouts on my jb4 app display. Loose cable? Bluetooth and everthing else was installed properly.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
car studders at idle when i wiggle the main harness to the hb4 box? Also sometimes i have no rpm and other readouts on my jb4 app display. Loose cable? Bluetooth and everthing else was installed properly.
Are you up to date on your firmware? I would check the connectors again, they all click when fully engaged. Sometimes the Bluetooth connection isn't the greatest but that doesn't mean the tuner isn't working

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Looking for pic's showing where and how to mount the JB4.
Been through the whole thread and suprisingly didn't find many pictures of the unit actually installed and what was used to secure it.

Anyone have detailed mounting pic's they can share?
Mine is velcroed to the top of battery cover. Works perfect for me.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
I have it velcro'd on top of the battery

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

Try pop the box open and see if the harness is screwed properly onto the circuit board.
is the unit new or used? How old is the harness?

slow12s

Ready to race!
Just finished installing mine, looking forward to joining this thread!

Bought mine used so I'm waiting on the JB4 app support people to get my app unlocked so I can start logging...hopefully in the next couple hours

Install was pretty straightforward, the only real hiccup/time consuming part was routing the OBD cable through the firewall. I watched a bunch of videos on the install before doing it, but all the cars must have been automatic (or something that changed in 2017), because I had no additional grommet to route the cable through and had to just poke a small hole in the factory grommet with the main wiring harness to run it through with the main wiring harness...I'm not the smallest guy so it took a little while just because the space is so cramped

Normal ESC and ACC and TPMS lights came on, all cleared in 3 drive cycles...looking forward to logging and tuning and not being quite so slow anymore :)

car is parked right now, not going to get on it until I can change maps and log...previous owner of this jb4 was the fastest is20 in AZ with a super aggressive tune...not sure which map he put it on before taking it off the car so playing it safe for now...just very excited to get started