GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

sangeseven

Ready to race!
Yeah, I would think so too. I know that there are a few 2018's running JB1, but is the ECU the same on the 2018 & 2019 models?
They did drop the hp to 288 on the 19" instead of 292 on 2018. So maybe they tweaked the ecu for emission purposes. I also read somewhere that the hp is the same, it's just the way they were rating it. IDK. ??

Anyone running a 2019 R with JB1 or JB4 ?

Running JB4 map 1, seems normal to me. Hoping to send George some logs soon just to make sure though.

davewg

Ready to race!
Yeah, I would think so too. I know that there are a few 2018's running JB1, but is the ECU the same on the 2018 & 2019 models?
They did drop the hp to 288 on the 19" instead of 292 on 2018. So maybe they tweaked the ecu for emission purposes. I also read somewhere that the hp is the same, it's just the way they were rating it. IDK. ??

Anyone running a 2019 R with JB1 or JB4 ?

The HP didn't change. The way it was rated did.

There have to be some slight ecu differences between the two engines. Other ECU tunes for the '18 won't work on the '19s.

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Running JB4 map 1, seems normal to me. Hoping to send George some logs soon just to make sure though.

Thanks sangeseven,

Seams normal, meaning the car feels normal, no difference in feel, or everything seams to be functioning properly and you now have more power ? ;-)

I wonder if there is any difference from ecu in the Canadian cars vs. US.
I would think not.

bheggelke

Passed Driver's Ed
Map 6 thoughts?

Hi. Wondering if anyone could provide some input about my Map 6, 3rd and 4th gear pulls. I've reached out to George too.

2018 Golf R, manual, 93 octane; No other power mods. "Other" mods: BMS Pedal Tuner, upper & lower dogbone mount inserts

Not really sure what I'm looking for. The only maybe odd thing I see is in the 3rd gear log, boost drops to 14.5 at 4259 RPMs, where "fuelen" drops to 17 and "ign_1" jumps to a value of 6. I don't see any other boost drops in the two other third gear logs.

How's the 4th gear log look?

Thanks.

Third gear - datazap

Fourth gear - datazap

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi. Wondering if anyone could provide some input about my Map 6, 3rd and 4th gear pulls. I've reached out to George too.

2018 Golf R, manual, 93 octane; No other power mods. "Other" mods: BMS Pedal Tuner, upper & lower dogbone mount inserts

Not really sure what I'm looking for. The only maybe odd thing I see is in the 3rd gear log, boost drops to 14.5 at 4259 RPMs, where "fuelen" drops to 17 and "ign_1" jumps to a value of 6. I don't see any other boost drops in the two other third gear logs.

How's the 4th gear log look?

Thanks.

Third gear - datazap

Fourth gear - datazap

Make this 40:

Fuel_OL

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
left column (for reference, don't use these values). fuel and duty should look like these though.