GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Just installed my jb1 on my ‘17 GTI last night. Took about 4 WOT runs to calibrate but definitely worth it! Drove it again this morning, I do feel like it’s still adjusting because it felt even better.
Plug D was a b*tch like most people have said. Gonna pick up some Velcro or something to attach the box more securely as it doesn’t fit in my battery cover or between the battery and ecu, but overall I’m very satisfied. Now that I’ve installed it I think removal and reinstall will be a piece of cake.👍
I’m on the same boat as you. I just installed my Jb4 yesterday. I’m excited to send it tomorrow lol

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Man, after reading (most of) this thread, I think a JB might be in my future... I'm leaning towards the JB1 for ease of installation/removal since my car is still under warranty, though I'm thinking of Map 6 settings with a bit less of an aggressive boost profile than Map 1 in the name of extending the clutch life if possible. Has anyone who's done a less-aggressive Map 6 tune weigh in on this? If I understand the settings correctly, it sounds like it's setting requested boost at a given RPM in 500rpm increments, which (in theory) means I could create a less aggressive boost curve down low and have it come on stronger towards the top end. Or, is there a part of the equation I'm missing? This is my first warrantied (and first turbocharged) vehicle, so I'm trying to balance reliability and a bit of a performance increase.

Mods to improve power to the ground (mounts in particular) are definitely on the horizon as well, but I'm specifically interested in the easily reversible/hidden from the dealer JB1.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Installing the JB4 isn't any more work that the JB1. The JB4 just requires you to tap the AFR wire. If you don't want to tap the tire...there is a member here that makes a plug in harness for the AFR wire.

If you're looking for something less than the JB1 base map...then you might as well get a Dinantronics module. I think it comes with a default 2 or 3 psi over stock where the JB1 is 4.8 psi. There are three boost settings where you max at 4psi. You can find those for like $100 on the second hand market.

Last edited:

Bigworm420

Car(s)
'20 6speed mk7.5
I've got a '20 gti S 6speed w twintercooler & charge/discharge pipes, stock box w k&n filter, intake hose & elbow, & turbo muffler delete. No downpipe yet. I have a NPM but want to upgrade & still keep warranty. Is an upgraded clutch something I should be looking into? What kind of numbers would I be looking at w the jb4 & my setup? Im seriously wanting to step up to the jb4 as I've heard great things about adjustability. Little help on the facts & numbers would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks All!

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Recently got a used JB1 and the last two days I've noticed a surging at near full throttle in my '20 DSG. It's like it cuts out for a second (similar to traction control) but at higher revs, so I doubt it's traction related.

Anyways, to confirm, I wanted to run back in stock mode to see if it happens there. I swear I read that I could disconnect one of the connectors and it would run on a stock map. Anyone know if that's correct, and which connector to unplug?

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Was this directed at me? Cause the JB1 does not have a connector for OBDII.

This is what I was looking for:
If you unplug the map sensor plug on the top of the manifold (plug B) in the install instructions and put the stock one in place the JB will not see ECU request or boost and basically be dormant. Its a quick solution if you do not want to remove or select map 0.

I tried unplugging plug B and it appeared to run fine in "stock" mode, but as I was pulling in the driveway yesterday, a CEL popped up. P0106 was the code. Cleared the code, waited 15 minutes for the car to sleep, and connected everything back up. Car seemed to drive smoothly, no hesitation/stumble under hard acceleration anymore.

lotsofmarks

Car(s)
'18 Sportwagen
Was this directed at me? Cause the JB1 does not have a connector for OBDII.

This is what I was looking for:

I tried unplugging plug B and it appeared to run fine in "stock" mode, but as I was pulling in the driveway yesterday, a CEL popped up. P0106 was the code. Cleared the code, waited 15 minutes for the car to sleep, and connected everything back up. Car seemed to drive smoothly, no hesitation/stumble under hard acceleration anymore.
I am having the same code, it only happens when I select map 6, it runs fine in stock mode, could it be a loose plug?