GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS Intercooler

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
I have a BMS IC installed, it went in without issue, no complaints.

Villa714

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
15’ tdi, 16’ GTI
I did the same with the zip ties on my V2.
This is the shorter IC hose I talked about earlier. Other than those two things intercooler went in fine.

Attachments

• D63E3DE5-9074-469A-B3E4-1FB4DDA1BEC5.jpeg
    D63E3DE5-9074-469A-B3E4-1FB4DDA1BEC5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I am IS38 and I installed my BMS V2 a few months ago. Bms said the alignment tabs up top not lining up is normal and not designed to hold the intercooler. And also the longer IC hose on the drivers side was too short and couldn’t use. BMS said they could send me another hose if I wanted to...Duh of course it’s what I paid for. I still haven’t received a replacement yet and it’s been a few months now. Not sure if it’s Urotuning or BMS dragging this out.

Can you drop me a email. We got stock yesterday of a new batch and if you can send the hose back to us we can see why there is a variance on yours and swop it out from one of the kits.

carbonfold

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple more days and I'll have it installed!

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 179
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.8 KB · Views: 172

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I've had mine installed for 6 month now, works fine for me. Just had to zip-tie the upper left corner of the radiator to the IC because the slots of the BMS inter-cooler are not a great fit.

carbonfold

Passed Driver's Ed
Upper left as upper driver's side? If so, I'll make sure and take a look at that area.

I've had mine installed for 6 month now, works fine for me. Just had to zip-tie the upper left corner of the radiator to the IC because the slots of the BMS inter-cooler are not a great fit.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Yes, I tie wrapped the from the upper radiator inlet/outlet tube to the front chassis support.
This, I had to so the same with my AMS ic, Though I don’t have BMS IC I skimmed some threads to find out how common this issue is, and seems like it can occur in all brands of OE location aftermarket ICs.

I’ll strongly suggest being very sure to secure the radiator from rocking back off the IC, if the upper radiator tabs are loose at all, regardless of which brand IC you have. I also use two large zipties to tie the radiator to the front chassis supports on each side. (y)

Speaking from experience, if the radiator rocks back off the IC, and some kind of bump after then causes the radiator to hop off the lower IC mounting grooves, you won’t be having a good time. Meaning a big coolant leak when the serpentine belt on the lower pulley eats through the T shaped coolant coupler. It’s not fun. at all.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
So I basically dislike making new threads and figured this is the most appropriate place to ask. Car is new, basically stock with jb4 map 2.

I have the take off golf R intercooler from my old mk7 in a box.

So the question is - R intercooler for $0, BMS for $480, or forge twin cooler for $~800.

Not really too concerned about money, I've done the oem position IC install before on my R and its pretty time consuming despite how straightforward it is.

To me the benefit of the twin cooler is 2 fold. Easy install and ac condenser protection. It's still crazy to me the condenser is just hanging out there unprotected after all these years.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Looks like a great unit. I didn't realize that I needed to buy it direct and had seen references to it but no actual units. Thanks for the tip.