GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blurred license plate numbers

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I once challenged a guy on reddit about the license plate not being able to identify someone - and he responded by private messaging me all of my contact information, a ton of stuff about my identity and things that nobody should ever be able to find... I dont know if he had some kind of special access or something but it was pretty scary.

That said I don't really want to take the time to edit every quick phone pic I take to remove the license plate... maybe theres an app for that? ideally one that wont also steal my identity...

autonoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen Golf
I once challenged a guy on reddit about the license plate not being able to identify someone - and he responded by private messaging me all of my contact information, a ton of stuff about my identity and things that nobody should ever be able to find... I dont know if he had some kind of special access or something but it was pretty scary.

That said I don't really want to take the time to edit every quick phone pic I take to remove the license plate... maybe theres an app for that? ideally one that wont also steal my identity...

I'm glad that you noticed the red flag, it is getting scarier nowadays.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Had to be a cop or someone with access to that. Otherwise if it was so easy someone you piss off in traffic could show up at your door easily.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude