GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluewater Performance - Denver - be advised

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Thanks Man. Yeah I hate leaving my car with anyone. It‘s not as bad as when I had my ats-v but still sucks. I‘ll just be doing everything myself, except the PDR, so I don’t think I’ll have to leave it with anyone until I get the paint corrected and ceramic coating.

Tony sent me that vid of your car in the rain the other day, Man that was hard to watch. I wanted to run out and throw a blanket on it! Water ran off nicely and I’m pretty sure no damage. Still, hard to watch!
Lol I’m the same way it’s why almost everything that’s been done I’ve done myself except a few service items. Hell I go out and look at the car several times a day.

Yeah it was tuff was coming down hard then the hail started and got worst but watching everything just run off was cool.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Yeah I was concerned about the wait times for a custom tune as well, but it seems to depend on who does the tune. Matt @ EQT has been really responsive and great to work with. TBH, I didn’t expect this much time or this many revisions, for the cost of a custom tune (relatively cheap, IMO).

I met with Gabe @ BW today and he was really receptive to the issues that I had and will be making it right, as I see it. Alex will never touch my car again; the risk just isn’t worth it. I’m glad for those that have had a good experience with him and hope that the experience that I had at BW never happens to anyone in the future. Glad that the damage isn’t going to take too much time/ money. I really just want to enjoy my R and will look forward to getting the tune completed and making small improvements with some aspects of the car.

I’m really happy to hear they are making things right for you! So for anything you won’t do yourself do you feel comfortable enough to go back to them or are you moving on?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I’m really happy to hear they are making things right for you! So for anything you won’t do yourself do you feel comfortable enough to go back to them or are you moving on?
Thanks much, Sir. That is a great question. Never with Alex, but possibly with someone else.

Reactions: MSH

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Question for you guys with upgraded turbos and dp are you worried about passing emissions when it comes around? I know you can get the spacer so you don’t get cel but what about if the sniffer the vehicle or visual inspection?

Tony and I have been going around and around about this but it always comes back to the emissions and not wanting to have to swap parts every time.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but figure you guys would have best knowledge on this.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Question for you guys with upgraded turbos and dp are you worried about passing emissions when it comes around? I know you can get the spacer so you don’t get cel but what about if the sniffer the vehicle or visual inspection?

Tony and I have been going around and around about this but it always comes back to the emissions and not wanting to have to swap parts every time.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but figure you guys would have best knowledge on this.

"Are you worried"--> Yes and no. I'm coming due in spring of next yr being a '16. I'm Vortex/MPI/FBO/etc etc. I'm EQT tuned and they have never messed with readiness so there's that. I'm absolutely certain that my car running E85 with the custom 4" 485 Designs GESI catted DP burns cleaner than a stock R, but I know that doesnt mean squat in the grand scheme. I'm tempted to just hook up my o2 sensor and do the readiness cycle prior to smog and let it fly but the paranoid side of me will win which is put the stock DP back on, do the full readiness cycle and pray!

BTW - Tony? What shop are you talking if you are willing to share? Maybe not since this is a sensitive subject lol

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
"Are you worried"--> Yes and no. I'm coming due in spring of next yr being a '16. I'm Vortex/MPI/FBO/etc etc. I'm EQT tuned and they have never messed with readiness so there's that. I'm absolutely certain that my car running E85 with the custom 4" 485 Designs GESI catted DP burns cleaner than a stock R, but I know that doesnt mean squat in the grand scheme. I'm tempted to just hook up my o2 sensor and do the readiness cycle prior to smog and let it fly but the paranoid side of me will win which is put the stock DP back on, do the full readiness cycle and pray!

BTW - Tony? What shop are you talking if you are willing to share? Maybe not since this is a sensitive subject lol
Thanks for the info.

Sorry Tony isn’t a shop he is a former member here.
That is what does suck you can get a gesi catted dp and be cleaner then stock but still run the risk of failing because it’s not stock.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

No worries about thread jacking, I’m tired of thinking about the thread topic anyway. I’m on vortex std with stock dp. The reason that I went with the setup that I have is that I wanted to retain the stock dp for emissions. I hadn’t given it a ton of thought besides that, tbh.

When I purchased the car last Oct., I went through emissions with ease on the stage 1 tune. I don’t think it’ll be an issue with a different turbo, but I guess I’ll find out when the time comes. I’ll be sure to post up when I get tested.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
No worries about thread jacking, I’m tired of thinking about the thread topic anyway. I’m on vortex std with stock dp. The reason that I went with the setup that I have is that I wanted to retain the stock dp for emissions. I hadn’t given it a ton of thought besides that, tbh.

When I purchased the car last Oct., I went through emissions with ease on the stage 1 tune. I don’t think it’ll be an issue with a different turbo, but I guess I’ll find out when the time comes. I’ll be sure to post up when I get tested.
Thanks for the reply, I'm stage 1 eqt right now but been thinking doing a turbo upgrade either is38/vortex but either I would also want to do full fuel too, more for the extra headroom then hp being gti I'm traction limited unlucky you r guys. Thought of getting a dp cause worried the stock one would restrict the turbo. I've heard were an dp helps with spool up.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Thanks for the reply, I'm stage 1 eqt right now but been thinking doing a turbo upgrade either is38/vortex but either I would also want to do full fuel too, more for the extra headroom then hp being gti I'm traction limited unlucky you r guys. Thought of getting a dp cause worried the stock one would restrict the turbo. I've heard were an dp helps with spool up.
Yeah I know I’m leaving some power on the table but I’m ok with what I have now. The is38 on eqt stage 1 tune was not much less power and probably not worth the $4-5k. You’re welcome to come out and have a ride if you like.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Yeah I know I’m leaving some power on the table but I’m ok with what I have now. The is38 on eqt stage 1 tune was not much less power and probably not worth the $4-5k. You’re welcome to come out and have a ride if you like.
Yeah tony had told me that you had invited us out. We will have to get together some time before the weather turns bad.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Just wanted to conclude this last visit as I’d consider it resolved. I found the cheapest replacement headlight that I could find that was in good condition and purchased it (eBay from Canada). Headlight works though I need to code the amber running light to match the other side. I requested reimbursement for the headlight and $25 for the small dent, and received the money yesterday. I still have scratches in the hpfp housing and may or may not try to smooth those out. Everything else has been addressed and I’ll say that Gabe is a stand-up guy. It’s a difficult position for him to be in and glad he did right by me. I’ll never get all the time back but at least the damage is minimal. I might consider giving the shop another try if I didn’t fear sabatoge or vengeance on the tech’s part; stupid that I should have to consider that.

Lessons learned: Take a lot of pictures when you drop the car off at any shop. If possible, log data on the way to the shop. If there’s any damage, try to address it on the spot, if possible. Document any and all damage with plenty of pictures. Be prepared to write an honest review and post pictures if necessary; it will get the attention of management/ owners. I’m fairly confident that I wouldn’t have gotten to this resolution without the Google review - specifically with pictures of the damage. Be polite and try to keep a cool head whenever possible; if you feel like you’re going to lose your temper, just walk away and come back when you‘ve calmed down.