GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Android OBD Dongle/Adaptor

Hi guys I know there are these cheap Bluetooth OBD readers on the market that connect with your android phone so you download the app and off you go: and you can read code etc from your android phone.

What I want to know if there is a better quality and more reliable unit available with a better app that you can connect to your andriod that shows live data like boost, timming pull and that can be used for loging etc etc... in this way you can mount your Mobile phone on to the dash and there you have your own P3 guage for half the prize. Anyone here have something like this or know of a product availible?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
OBDeleven.

End thread/

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Torque app is better, if what you want is live data, as graphs/dashboards. In fact, clunky old VAG COM v3 used to have better data graphing than obdeleven does. I have obdeleven, it's great as a diagnosis/tweak tool only.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
As far as the Bluetooth OBD adapter, there are multiple out there. You want one with a high refresh rate and CAN support. Since I have a vagcom and a nice OBDII reader with graphing, I don't know of one I could recommend, just what I know to look for.

I also have vagcom and its great. But I'm looking for something reliable with a high refresh rate yes, that I can hookup to my andriod, mount it on my dash and keep a good look at some important data like boost, timming pull, etc...