GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown treble in rear door

madshoe47

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you has tried to replace the treble in the rear door.
Mine is blown, and the R-line door panels is too expensive in Denmark, to buy a new one.

Any help, please? haha

Looking forward to hearing from you

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
2 door or 4 door......standard or dynaudio speakers???

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

7thVW

Passed Driver's Ed
How loud was your music? Can you melt the tweets?

I like the standard Fender/Dynaudio. I would rip them out and put JL audio in. Dynaudio is a major speaker manufacturer. You should be able to find any size tweeter, woofer on their site.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Ebay a rear door tweet. Maybe $20. Pop door panel out. Melt the tabs from the old. Glue new one in. Get base stereo tweet. Not fender. Different resistance.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
As above. I cut mine out with dremel tool and the hot glued new one in. Should be youtube vide on removing door panels. For those who have changed speakers there should be lots of used Fender speakers tweeters around. Pretty sure I threw mine away.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Ya, dremel or cut the glue with a blade are better options than melting em.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
So the 2019 GTI with base radio didn't come with rear door tweeters (cheap VW!) Does anyone know what I would need to do to get rear tweeters hooked up? The plan is to upgrade my front A-pillar speakers with Focal TWU 1.5 tweeters, so I figured I would add the missing rears as well.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So the 2019 GTI with base radio didn't come with rear door tweeters (cheap VW!) Does anyone know what I would need to do to get rear tweeters hooked up? The plan is to upgrade my front A-pillar speakers with Focal TWU 1.5 tweeters, so I figured I would add the missing rears as well.

In the non-Fender/Dynaudio systems the tweeters/treble just piggyback of the main/bass speaker cables in that particular door.

Fender/Dynaudio systems have separate outputs from the headunit to the trebles/tweeters..

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
In the non-Fender/Dynaudio systems the tweeters/treble just piggyback of the main/bass speaker cables in that particular door.

Fender/Dynaudio systems have separate outputs from the headunit to the trebles/tweeters..
Thanks! I added rear Focal TWU 1.5 tweeters w/ bass blockers and also upgraded the front a-pillar tweeters with the same, including bass blockers. Sounds so much clearer now!