GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blower Fan Replacement (Removal w/o Tools)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Looks like mine is starting to give out. Fan speed has fluctuated for as long as I can remember, but recently became worse. Also sometimes refuses to blow for a minute or so, then it'll work fine.

Is this the past number everyone is using?
5Q1-819-021-E

Also, someone mentioned getting one for $65. I imagine that isn't new though, is it?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just want to mention I had the same issues as DietCokeFiend in my '08 325i. Pulled the motor and used a few drops of Zoom Spout turbine & shaft oil. Never made another sound.

It's only been about a week, but the blower is working great again. Gone are the fluctuations in fan speed as well. We'll see how it holds up though.

Didn't wait for turbine and shaft oil to get here. Just used some 3 in 1 oil.

Thanks for the tip!!

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Oddly enough, ReadTheBook's Zoom Spout suggestion came two days after I recorded this video. I was genuinely surprised by how quickly the pulley in the video became so noisy. I immediately bought a bottle of the stuff and applied it. Months later, even with it being stored outside, the pulley is still totally silent. That oil is amazing!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Oddly enough, ReadTheBook's Zoom Spout suggestion came two days after I recorded this video. I was genuinely surprised by how quickly the pulley in the video became so noisy. I immediately bought a bottle of the stuff and applied it. Months later, even with it being stored outside, the pulley is still totally silent. That oil is amazing!

Nice! Glad you liked it Scott. Recently caught you 8” screen upgrade video, I have one on order. I’m sure it’s just a “nice to have” like you said, but I think it will be a good upgrade for me :)

FYI I’ve used that ZoomSpout on all kinds of stuff. It’s great for creaking door hinges in my house!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's been 5 months and blower is still working great (watch me jinx it).

Just oiling the shaft with 3 in 1 oil or Zoom turbine oil.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
An aged, but very useful thread here. Just wanted to note that I used it to replace the cabin air fan in our '17 Golf Wolfsburg and it was a piece of cake. Current P/N is 5Q1-819-021-H .