GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blew Downpipe off at full boil

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Make sure that DP flange is sitting tight. My clamp is much closer together at the bolt, like practically touching.
That's fair but it is tight, might be due to 3.5 inch downpipe perhaps?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Its probably even more important for cars with DPs that don't use the mount that connects to the motor.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
That's fair but it is tight, might be due to 3.5 inch downpipe perhaps?
Might want to try playing with it... When I first put the band around my 3.5" dp there was a gap in the clamp, it looked like it was fitted on there correctly but when I did it again a week later the gap was gone

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
They're fully capable of racing from I dig. I do it quite often, which was why my DKM clutch failed. Now that I have a true drag racing clutch, it's a lot easier to race from a dig. You need to get over the old mindset of FWD cars can't race from a dig.
Idk. With my Haldex switch in FWD, punching it at low speeds it’s instant spin with 245 R888R’s.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I’ve ran an IE and now trackslag and neither times did the clamp touch like the stock downpipe. I haven’t had an issue so far.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Might want to try playing with it... When I first put the band around my 3.5" dp there was a gap in the clamp, it looked like it was fitted on there correctly but when I did it again a week later the gap was gone

I dont think diameter of the pipe has anything to do with it. It has everything to do with the thickness of the flange.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I dont think diameter of the pipe has anything to do with it. It has everything to do with the thickness of the flange.
I don't think so either, I was just letting him know I have the same size downpipe and the clamp still closes all the way

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
They're fully capable of racing from I dig. I do it quite often, which was why my DKM clutch failed. Now that I have a true drag racing clutch, it's a lot easier to race from a dig. You need to get over the old mindset of FWD cars can't race from a dig.
I don't disagree with you - I just don't; shit breaks. I like to roll on the highway from third gear at 4K RPM onwards.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't disagree with you - I just don't; shit breaks. I like to roll on the highway from third gear at 4K RPM onwards.
Lol this is where my IS20 runs out of breath like a 89 yr old smoker

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't think so either, I was just letting him know I have the same size downpipe and the clamp still closes all the way
I am tightening as it goes through heat cycles. The original vband is much more flexible than the new one.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Idk. With my Haldex switch in FWD, punching it at low speeds it’s instant spin with 245 R888R’s.
Likely the tuning. I get some spin in first, not much in 2nd with the same tires.

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
FWD has always been able to race from a dig... Just not as well as rwd or awd cars