GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blew 4th gear on my trans, 6spd manual DKM clutch

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yep I did gear 3 this past summer. All the hard driving didn't help but what really killed it was the year before during one of our TA finals I was No lift shifting and it just got wonky going into 4th. Drove the rest of the year but a year later it just got weaker and then on a HPDE day it just went out.

Replaced it with an OEM, fluid-dampner, and what not. Running a DKM MR ( stage 5). Clutch is fine and this year i'll look into saving money to have FFE or someone build me new trans. OEM was at 67k for refernce so i'm not mad at all.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
On everything. Fuck NLS

Its just not worth it of us. No matter the clutch/setup. Just take that .10 and make it clean. Less worry about things lap after lap.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Makes me second guessing my NLS as of late but it is so much quicker, lol.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I had NLS in my UM tuned MK6R, I only did it once in my life to see what it was about and never again. I thanked god for not blowing the tranny. There were several cases on the old MK6R forums of guys smashing trannys with NLS. As far as clutches go, people should just buy SB, my $.02.

Last edited:

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I have NLS and tried it a couple of times and will never use it again. One, it's horrible for the transmission and two, after comparing logs of my regular shifting to NLS, oddly enough found that my regular shifting was better.
I definitely won’t anymore either, NLS combined with the DKM single mass flywheel and the vibrations killed the trans.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
7EA6AEAE-5479-4853-A6E7-C096DF2E787B.png

So my trans code is THV. Car is equipped with the eLSD. Can I use another manual trans from MK7’s, or would I need another exact THV model? Thanks for everyone with the input

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
View attachment 210061
So my trans code is THV. Car is equipped with the eLSD. Can I use another manual trans from MK7’s, or would I need another exact THV model? Thanks for everyone with the input
any of the O2Qs that came in the mk7s will swap over, it will just need to be from a PP car since the Differentials output spline on the pass side is different between the VAQ and non-VAQ cars.

*worst case if you cannot find a PP cars trans - you can swap over your existing open diff (assuming no damage to the main gear crown) into a non PP cars case, but then you're added a good amount of work with opening the transfer case and re shimming the diff, and at that point swapping to a true LSD inside the case should be entertained- lol.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Wait...so the DQ350's have a weak 4th gear. 😭

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs