GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bleeding clutch

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
So I just flushed my brake fluid, and I thought I would do my clutch at the same time (1.8t with a 5 speed manual)

brake fluid flushed fine, when I put the hose on theclutch nipple and opened it I got no fluid out?(While pressing clutch pedal down) tried the open close procedure, pushing clutch pedal down while open closing before bringing it back up about 10 times at least andno fluid went into the hose, just a small amount leaked around the plastic nut. Weird, so I left it. Clutch still works ok (I never liked the engagement but that’s another thing lol.
I removed the cdv a year ago at least, bled the clutch then with no issues.

anybody have any ideas? Just weird

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Silly question, but are you sure it was open? Did the clutch lose pressure and stay on the floor? Is it possible that there's an obstruction in the valve? I'd just pull it and inspect the back side. Would also be an easy time to add a speed bleeder valve.

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
Silly question, but are you sure it was open? Did the clutch lose pressure and stay on the floor? Is it possible that there's an obstruction in the valve? I'd just pull it and inspect the back side. Would also be an easy time to add a speed bleeder valve.
Lol maybe it needed to go out more, that’s a good idea I’ll pull it right out.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Get a good pressure bleeder, either Motive Products or Schwaben, before you do this again as it will make the job make easier and of course does not require a second person. Did the bleeder on the clutch block have a cap on it, if it did I doubt there is an obstruction and if this is one the pressure should have blown it out. Was the bleeder open a little or a lot? If a little open it more, but before that using a toothpick see it the bleeder has an obstruction.