GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Rims for 2019 GTI

SureShot

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Hey guys looking to pick up a new set of rims before next spring, just doing some research now. Currently I am looking at Neuspeeds RSE10 or the VW Pretoria’s, both in black.
Any other suggestions on rims that look similar to those?

My goal is to have my car all blacked out except for the red GTI badging and accents

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If you are looking at brand new 18” Pretorias, look out for offers from dealers and VW quarterly mail in rebates. By combining both, you will be able to get them for a good deal.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I like these affordable Sparco Assetto Gara. I use black wheel studs on them (the white metal studs in the pic were just to try them on for size as I took this pic the day I received them from Tire Rack last year).
99AC2D7B-65E6-4D40-8625-58FD37D53373.jpeg

A79746BF-08C1-4A74-9407-269325726D4F.jpeg

Last edited:

SureShot

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Similar to the Neuspeed, but half the price. Motegi makes wheels for LMP cars, Ferrari Challenge, and other IMSA cars.

https://www.motegiracing.com/product/wheels/mr133/?attribute_pa_finish=satin-black

Thanks I’ll check them out. Half the price sounds good
I like these affordable Sparco Assetto Gara. I use black wheel studs on them (the white metal studs in the pic were just to try them on for size as I took this pic the day I received them from Tire Rack last year).
View attachment 194014
View attachment 194016

Wow! Those look awesome. Another good option to consider

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
If you're looking at Pretoria's, make sure you go for the 19" wheels. The 19" Prets (grey + black) are OEM flow-formed and only weigh like 21lbs. By comparison, the OEM 18" Pretorias (which i believe only come in black, at least in America) are cast and 24-25 lbs

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If you're looking at Pretoria's, make sure you go for the 19" wheels. The 19" Prets (grey + black) are OEM flow-formed and only weigh like 21lbs. By comparison, the OEM 18" Pretorias (which i believe only come in black, at least in America) are cast and 24-25 lbs

I had both of them on my 2016. I had 19” wheels for a week or so before swapping them for 18”. Several people reported buckling issues with those 19” wheels and i was not comfortable having those wheels with bad roads in my area as well. I would only recommend those 19s if someone has good roads in their area.

SureShot

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Ok I guess they are out of the question then. I already have like new 18” tires to put on the wheels

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Ok I guess they are out of the question then. I already have like new 18” tires to put on the wheels

Yeah - then definitely don't go OEM. I don't believe VW makes any OEM 18" flow-formed wheels.

Plenty good options though. Check Neuspeed, VMR (not as big on here as they used to be), Fast, OZ, APR, TSW, etc etc etc.

You can also go through the “Official X color thread” for your car’s color, which is just the dedicated thread for users to post pics of their cars, sorted by car color. This is a good place to get an idea of what others’ wheel setups look like on your color, and may help with some inspiration.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

I have a Rabbit and the stock wheels/tires weighed less than 45lbs. 225/40/18 tires typically weigh @22lbs or so.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Also 18” pretorias are not heavy as people assume. They weigh around 21.5 pounds.

Link to the measurement in a different thread - https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/18-oe-pretoria-wheels-now-available.338463/post-6931053.