GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Black Forest Industries - MK7/MQB Control Arms with RS3 Solid Rubber Bushing

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
We just released our new New MK7 / MQB Performance Control Arms with RS3 Solid Rubber Bushing!

PURCHASE HERE
PURCHASE BUSHINGS ALONE - HERE

A WORLD FIRST solid rubber bushing upgrade for MQB vehicles

These RS3 style solid rubber control arm bushings make the best possible OEM+ upgrade for your MQB vehicle. By eliminating the voids in the rubber and having a completely solid rubber bushing, you will gain a significant amount of feel and response during spirited driving, while introducing minimal additional noise, vibration or harshness into the cabin.

The benefits of a solid rubber bushing include:

• Less deflection of the control arm under load
  • Reduced deflection under "bump" load
  • Increased quickness on steering turn-in
  • Decreased Wheel hop on launch

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Do the S3 use a similar but aluminum control arm? I would rather upgrade from stamped steel.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Are the LCA's OEM?

The rear bush on the wishbone for the MK7 Golf R & CCS (Clubsport ) is way more solid (not completely solid, unlike the BFI one) than the stock one & also fitted to the Audi RS3 ...part number is 5Q0 047 183F....

The stock MK7 Golf (GTI & below) is the same part but ends in "E"...which has more flex....

if you want the whole wishbone with bushed fitted the Audi parts are 5Q0-407-151K..... & 5Q0-407-152K

Info from here:-

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/472737-steering-rack-noise/?do=findComment&comment=5307372

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks for the info. As you can see, ordering a pair of our bushings, or control arms with bushings installed makes a lot of sense, especially on the wallet and time needed. :)

I have on other cars in the past removed the bushes using hacksaws & various other implements..& then pushed in Powerflex, or Superpro bushes with my own tool....But to be honest, I really cannot be A***d any more...far quicker to remove old arm & install new arm.....it cost more, but saves on time etc...

Also in my experience for what is a DD the fancy bushes do nothing in the smaller sizes..its only in the bigger bushes when you get the advantage..like the rear bush on the front LCA....& the golf R bush is tougher than the others...which is why for use on this side of the pond its easier to get hold of....

Yours are totally solid, but getting them over here is difficult & costs.....& I can't figure out which VAG car you got them from...as the pictures of the RS3/R ones that I have seen appear to have some movement slits in them???

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I installed these on my 2016 A3 with under 30k miles. As you can see the stock ones were pretty worn. If you take a look at the control arms they look almost identical from Genuine VW, and the OE supplier that BFI uses.

Attachments

• B4FCCAE3-75E4-4594-8255-CBB309BC2BA7.jpeg
    B4FCCAE3-75E4-4594-8255-CBB309BC2BA7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 771
  • 5B2B0CB8-8C6F-4828-B134-7DE00652E5F3.jpeg
    5B2B0CB8-8C6F-4828-B134-7DE00652E5F3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 942

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs