GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bittersweet, the car doesn't have crank walk

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It has to be fun, I mean it has a screen that makes you look like your in the millennium falcon.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I don't know if I would call it boring. It's heavy but the weight is low. Despite the body roll you can hoon around because the stability control really keeps everything under control. You can take too much speed into a sweeper and get on it with little drama, which is kind of fun actually. The steering in Sport is really responsive (though too twitchy on the highway), Standard feels like my Golf (in sport), and Comfort is just that (where I drive most of the time).

On the other hand, that ability to mostly do whatever you ask, even when you're asking for something stupid, could be a real problem if you took it for a canyon blast. I'm not sure there's much space between "the car can fix your driving" and "the car cannot fix your driving so you'll be exiting the road now." Tires, suspension and brakes as with any car you intend to really push. The Performance has track mode but for the non-Performance you can buy the Mountain Pass Performance Party Box or the Ingenext Bonus Module which lets you disable some of the nannies.
unfortunately we have the poverty spec base model and it's the wife's car so no mods until she gets sick of it and passes it down to me. then the real hooning can begin. :)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
unfortunately we have the poverty spec base model and it's the wife's car so no mods until she gets sick of it and passes it down to me. then the real hooning can begin. :)
We had a LR RWD that was totaled in April. Nutso car prices made the payout 20k more than we paid for the car new, and almost 30k more than we owed at the time. We replaced it with the the LR AWD since the LR RWD is no longer available while also lowering our payments a good bit. Although I have been driving it lately it's my wife's car so there will be no upgrades, probably ever.

Additional range (compared to a SR+, though not compared to our LR RWD) is nice, but the added speed of the AWD is lost on her. I lobbied for the M3P and was told to take that 8k and get stealth PPF (gives a matte like look) and acceleration boost. Then when the car was delivered I was told I better not buy acceleration boost and that PPF was too expensive. Turns out she drives with acceleration set to "chill" anyway :rolleyes:.

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
Wow that sucks to go through all that, but I guess there isn't really a better time to get value out of your car if you can find inventory on something you want. I went through a much less painful, but slightly similar story this week. Long story short, my car was acting up for the first time ever and I very nearly traded it in - in fact I may have if someone hadn't bought the car I was looking at before I made up my mind.

...turns out it was just a bad battery. I'm an idiot, should have been my first guess since my OEM one lasted 4 years and 2 weeks 😲

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
We had a LR RWD that was totaled in April. Nutso car prices made the payout 20k more than we paid for the car new, and almost 30k more than we owed at the time. We replaced it with the the LR AWD since the LR RWD is no longer available while also lowering our payments a good bit. Although I have been driving it lately it's my wife's car so there will be no upgrades, probably ever.

Additional range (compared to a SR+, though not compared to our LR RWD) is nice, but the added speed of the AWD is lost on her. I lobbied for the M3P and was told to take that 8k and get stealth PPF (gives a matte like look) and acceleration boost. Then when the car was delivered I was told I better not buy acceleration boost and that PPF was too expensive. Turns out she drives with acceleration set to "chill" anyway :rolleyes:.
so lesson is go total my wife's tesla for the wallet gainz. got it

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
so lesson is go total my wife's tesla for the wallet gainz. got it

Only if you have good insurance. Then make sure to delete that post before filing a claim :ROFLMAO: