GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein Evo S coilovers

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all not sure if everyone is aware I was told Bilstein are no longer producing the B14 coilovers and it has been replaced by the EVO S range seeing as there is not much out there about these. They have been out around a year and a half or so.
Has any body go a set in that could help sway towards them?

thanks all

DThissen

Ready to race!
Hi all not sure if everyone is aware I was told Bilstein are no longer producing the B14 coilovers and it has been replaced by the EVO S range seeing as there is not much out there about these. They have been out around a year and a half or so.
Has any body go a set in that could help sway towards them?

thanks all
I emailed Bilstein about the differences between the B14 and EVO S line.
" Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Bilstein. The main difference would be that the EVO S suspension kit is designed to have a sportier feel and tune to it than the B14. The valving is set slightly more on stiffer side to gain performance. They are also a black color as opposed to the Zinc coding that the B16 has.

The zinc coated and threaded body design will give you the flexibility to find the perfect ride height setting for your intended use while providing unsurpassed protection against the harshest road elements. This finish must be serviced in order to maintain its luster. Particularly in moist climates, a protective coating, such as a wax or lubricating oil should be periodically applied to prevent tarnishing. On painted surfaces I would recommend apply several layers of clear coat. Please keep in mind that shock surface finish is not covered under warranty."

It sounds like the B14 is still in production.

MrTSI

Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
I was also looking at Bilstein coil overs and it does seem the B14s are sticking around, despite the arrival of Evo S. Interestingly, on the Bilstein website, the B14 is labelled “Track” while the Evo S is labelled “Street”. I also emailed them about the differences and while they were not forthcoming about the valving, they did share the spring rates.

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the B14 and B16 (non DCC) seem to share springs: 399 lbs/in in the front; 302 in the rear. Evo S has softer springs in front at 360 lbs/in, but still 302 in the rear.

The other difference is the advertised lowering range, B14 and B16 list 15-35mm front and rear, Evo S is 10-30mm in front and 0-30mm in the rear.

It seems to me the Evo S is indeed more street-focused, with less drop and softer springs up front.

Another thing I noticed is that Evo S carries a 5-year warranty whereas B14 and B16 are lifetime.

Food for thought.