GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein b6 damptronic

hexdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R MT
The b4s are better than the stock dampers in every mode. i wanted the b6, but the the crappy roads here made me go for the b4, comfort mode with 18"s handles rough roads much better than stock 19"s and dcc struts with no crashy feeling at all and the car is more composed. Normal is pretty good and handles the bumpy roads pretty well, slightly more firm that stock but rides better, race mode is also better on nice roads its better than the stock on sport and feels only slightly stiffer

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The b4s are better than the stock dampers in every mode. i wanted the b6, but the the crappy roads here made me go for the b4, comfort mode with 18"s handles rough roads much better than stock 19"s and dcc struts with no crashy feeling at all and the car is more composed. Normal is pretty good and handles the bumpy roads pretty well, slightly more firm that stock but rides better, race mode is also better on nice roads its better than the stock on sport and feels only slightly stiffer
Some of that is just 18 vs. 19.

scslite

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
How long have you had or been on the B4s? I think it's really important for people that post their experience and state to really get a sense of longevity. Posting how the car feels post new install will always yield excellent results. But how long does this last?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
How long have you had or been on the B4s? I think it's really important for people that post their experience and state to really get a sense of longevity. Posting how the car feels post new install will always yield excellent results. But how long does this last?
This cuts both ways, unfortunately. If someone is replacing tired/worn suspension then whatever they install should be a notable improvement. Your first impressions of the new setup could be overly rosy. But as time/miles give you a better appreciation for the new setup it probably has a negative impact on your memory of the old.

Ideally someone would have access to the same car but with different setups, of about the same age (newer the better), which isn't going to be common. I supposed next best thing would be someone changing setups because they don't like something about their new setup.

I went through 10+ setups in under 10,000 miles driven, though over the course of about 2 years. I'm now on B4 damptronics but never ran factory DCC or B6 damptronics. I'm down to write a ling post about my experience if someone is interested (and bites), but it's not going to be that helpful for the specific topic of this thread.