GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein B14 for $900 CAD?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've bought use suspension before. I got some used H&R coilovers for my S4. I ran them for over 40k...then I sold the car. You just won't have a warranty on them. What is the condition on them? I bought my B14's off a friend of mine. He had them on for 15k before he took them off. If they are still clean then they'll be worth a look. ~700usd seems like a good deal for some B14's.

Last edited:

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Hard pass on buying used suspension parts, FCP lifetime warranty is the way to go as any suspension component is a wear item.
How many street driven miles would you expect a set of Bilstein coilovers would last before they are completely worn and require replacement? I'd imagine this sort of thing is hard to notice if you're driving the same car every day, but becomes immediately apparent when someone else drives the car or you drive someone else's car with a fresh suspension.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
How many street driven miles would you expect a set of Bilstein coilovers would last before they are completely worn and require replacement? I'd imagine this sort of thing is hard to notice if you're driving the same car every day, but becomes immediately apparent when someone else drives the car or you drive someone else's car with a fresh suspension.

50-100k miles depending on tons of factors

Track days and spirited driving induce tons of heat/wear.

Hauling heavy, towing, and bad roads do the same.

If it’s just a commuter car with a little fun mixed in 100K is realistic, but as with any shocks/struts you’ll be notably worn out at that point