Billet Engine Mount and NVH.

Scala

Ready to race!
Last edited:

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Nice, rubber vs urethane. Makes sense -better dampening of NVH- though it probably won't last as long.

Is the passenger side sufficient or did you have to install both?

I have just the passenger side installed now. I have the drivers side, I just haven’t gotten around to installing it yet.

BoomGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Did it help with - reduce - eliminate a previous NVH problem or just tightened the feel?

It tightened things up without really increasing nvh. I didn’t have a real NVH issue before, probably because I haven’t swapped out the actual donebone mount yet.

I would remove the dogbone mount and just go with an insert, then try a motor mount instead.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Between my car with HPA lower mount and BFI stage1 upper engine and tranny mount
and my wife's stock GTI (about 1,000 difference in the VIN)

There is a world of difference.

I honestly believe the people that say there is none after break-in are just used to the increased NVH.

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R

qnz

Car(s)
2015 Golf R, A35 AMG
Doing a little more searching... What I said above is true.
However, Racingline make a upper washer fluid relocation kit: https://www.racingline.com/vwr13-g700rfk
This takes off the upper part of the washer fluid tank and mounts a filler hose behind your headlight.
I found other fluid tank replacement kits from Spulen and APR but they look like they still use the OEM mounting bolt for their washer filler so they wont work. Im sure you can probably cut down the hose length and find an alternate mounting location but I wouldnt want to do guess work with a part that might not fit.

This is probably what I'm going to do

Last edited:

qnz

Car(s)
2015 Golf R, A35 AMG
Updating just for posterity. Installed both cp-e engine mounts on my 2015 R.
I had the also buy the Racing Line coolant relocation kit. since the cp-e had no mounting location for it

IMG_9124.jpg

Other issues I ran into with the CP-E mounts. You need to have crows foot wrenches to properly get at a few of the bolts.
The screws they supplied to attach the battery tray to the mount do not fit. I don't know if the GTI battery trays are different or if the 2015 model is different but I had to use my own bolts to attach to the mount.

Otherwise, the mounts feel good. I have about 150 miles on them. NVH is probably 5% harsher. Its about 20% harsher on cold start but when you put it into D, its fine. Shifts feel good. I used to think I had a basketball rolling around under the hood but my old mounts had 105k miles on them. And I can't confirm it but I feel like it changed my engine note just slightly. I also gained 5hp from the coolant relocation kit.

Last edited: