GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Options -- Comprehensive List

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'm entertaining the idea of a big turbo. Who knows if it will last... But since I don't think we have a dedicated thread for the different bt's out there, with their pros and cons, I say it would be a good idea to make one. Y'all chime in and I'll organize the list in the OP.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I'm in the same boat. Vortex seems like the way to go for reasonable goals and most of us mere mortals. Then it's just std vs XL. I'm thinking std and keep it within stock map sensor limits. we'll see lol.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
No point in XL unless you go big fueling too. Then you are playing with the bigboys who like to see how quickly they can get to an engine rebuild.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Well, before the "extension" it would be spooled up at around 4300 - 4500 rpms. Now, it's spooled up at 3500.
Full spool? Like what’s psi at 3500?

My hybrid 38(loba L0462) will hit 24psi at 3600 but wont hit the full target of 28/29psi till 4500 but holds till redline... its at 27psi by 3800 though.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
No point in XL unless you go big fueling too. Then you are playing with the bigboys who like to see how quickly they can get to an engine rebuild.

I've seen enough BT datalogs to know I will def be getting LPFP +MPI regardless of whatever turbo I go to lol. Worth spending an extra 1k to have lots of fueling headroom and not strain the DI injection window at high rpm etc. Valve cleaning is nice too. With stock ECU MPI control it's a no brainer to me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've seen enough BT datalogs to know I will def be getting LPFP +MPI regardless of whatever turbo I go to lol. Worth spending an extra 1k to have lots of fueling headroom and not strain the DI injection window at high rpm etc. Valve cleaning is nice too. With stock ECU MPI control it's a no brainer to me.

Isn't a LPFP and MPI a lot more than 1K? Closer to 2K and that's without a LPFP controller or tune.