GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big(er) turbos and the 1.8

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm not familiar with reading those logs. I tried converting the datazap to a file, but it got jumbled. What was the airmass reading and how does that convert?

It doesn't really convert. The ECU airmass is derived from pressure and temp. The ECU uses this value to determine fueling and timing. The value is how much air the engine is moving and should directly transfer to HP if tuned correctly.

My comment was really poking at the fact that most 1.8 cars can't log this value properly (or at all), but @joedubs has gotten around this.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Looks like I'm the new highest logged 1.8 airmass champion.

1607.png

@joedubs helped me install and enable MPI. Flashed using open source tools he helped develop.

Last edited:

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Looks like I'm the new highest logged 1.8 airmass champion.
But what's your airmass at 6k rpm? 🤔😋

Seriously though, the MPI even with the stock lpfp provides a TON of headroom. Time to crank it up a bit more and then get your ethanol sorted out.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
Ah yeah, that's just datazap being terrible.

It auto scales all your axes so if two parameters have different min/max, may get scaled differently.
If you don't "solo" the parameter, it puts it on the right (shared) axis to keep them all the same.

i.e. look what it does if I solo the knock parameters... their 0's don't line up anymore because they have different min's. But all the ignition timing parameters (right axis) are in lockstep.
https://datazap.me/u/joedubs/18tdbv...7-38-39-40&solo=28-29-33-34-35-36&zoom=64-128

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Ah yeah, that's just datazap being terrible.

It auto scales all your axes so if two parameters have different min/max, may get scaled differently.
If you don't "solo" the parameter, it puts it on the right (shared) axis to keep them all the same.

i.e. look what it does if I solo the knock parameters... their 0's don't line up anymore because they have different min's. But all the ignition timing parameters (right axis) are in lockstep.
https://datazap.me/u/joedubs/18tdbv...7-38-39-40&solo=28-29-33-34-35-36&zoom=64-128
You ever dyno your setup?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Well, I think I reached the limit in ethanol percentage with autotech hpfp on is38. Ran E57 mainly because I was too lazy to pump 93 as I only needed 6 gal of fuel. Not a big deal except I got a CEL. Code showed lean bank 1. Put a couple of gallons of 93 and brought it down to E50. No issues at all with that. I will say at E57, car was even rowdier and more spirited at lower rpm than the usual E35 I run.

I really need to start logging and not just running blind