GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bieber haircuts for all! Also, missing planes found & Crimea solved! #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Or you could fix your car.

See the problem is now I'm thinking about it further than just this issue. I'm looking at long term issues, as well as the fact it would be cheaper to own, maintain (oil, tires, etc). 1 income, so many bills. I'm just starting to get worried at this point so I need to really reevaluate things.

I mean at this point I'm looking at some high costs if I have to replace injectors and who knows if that's even the issue.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I have a feeling if you get something else you might regret it.

Oh, what's wrong with his car?

I wouldn't dump the GTI for something like an 08 Si... I outlined this for plac many times, but in the end you save like $2k and have a way slower less nice car that will eventually have its own problems. My GTI is only likely going because I just don't really need a car anymore, the $2k Miata I already own will fit the bill fine.

abalinka

Go Kart Champion
Selling a car with all of those mods is not going to add any sort of value. You will be much better off returning to stock and selling all of the mods.

Merkle

Banned
NC needs 93. Get an '09+ That's the NC2, Abbey and I have an NC1. Aside fom cosmetic differences, the engine has better internals and a higher redline, also the interior is much better.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
NC needs 93. Get an '09+ That's the NC2, Abbey and I have an NC1. Aside fom cosmetic differences, the engine has better internals and a higher redline, also the interior is much better.

Oh, my bad... my little piece takes 87 :D

Also, Abbey is right about demodding equalling more dough.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Oh, what's wrong with his car?

I wouldn't dump the GTI for something like an 08 Si... I outlined this for plac many times, but in the end you save like $2k and have a way slower less nice car that will eventually have its own problems. My GTI is only likely going because I just don't really need a car anymore, the $2k Miata I already own will fit the bill fine.

CEL. Dealer is saying I have to replace a radiator sensor (thinking about it I'm not really all that worried about that), but according to them everything should be working and I'm getting misfires possibly because of carbon build up but I don't know if I believe that. I was talking to the guy that installed my parts and he was saying that VW has been telling an increasing number of people that is the issue with their car now (he said that one person was told that the dealership wouldn't even work on the car until it had a valve cleaning and this was on a low mileage GTI). If injectors I'm looking at close to $1000. Cleaning is close to $500. I can try to do it myself but I don't have a garage and would need to do it outside in a parking lot.

I dunno. I'm tired of chasing answers that no one seems to have. Spending dick tons of money on diagnostics that aren't telling me anything. I'm just getting fed up. I had no issues until a month and a half ago and now no one seems to know what the hell the problem is (well the dealer at least)

I feel like you will miss your GTI too much and find yourself wanting it back.

Possibly, but I have my bike to overcome the power differential between the GTI and the next thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.