GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bicycle Mounting Options

FionaSmithAndGear

Car(s)
golf mk7 2013
For longer drives and the ability to securely lock your bikes in place, a rear hitch-mounted rack could be a solid choice, especially for the taller Tiguan. It's convenient and keeps your bikes accessible. Plus, it's versatile and should work with both your Golf and Tiguan. When it comes to choosing the best option, it really depends on your budget and preferences. Thule and Yakima are popular brands known for quality racks. But remember, if you're hitting the road frequently, it might be worth looking into cycling insurance. It provides peace of mind for any unexpected mishaps.

Last edited:

BigLips19

Car(s)
'19 GTI SE 6MT
I put a 2" hitch from etrailer on a few years ago and it's been awesome. I have a kuat NV2.0 (which I've debated selling for a one up but the ease of locking a bike on the kuat and the lifetime warranty means it stays) with an additional 3rd rack if I'm doing bike park days with the boys. Mpg takes a hit with a bike on the back, but a shorter wheelbase road bike more or less tucks behind the car and doesn't hurt mpg too bad unless you have super deep section wheels

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
I put a 2” Draw-Tite hitch on my wife’s Tiguan and use Thule Apex xt4 bike rack.

IMG_6263.jpeg

IMG_6304.jpeg

On my GTI, I have two fork mount roof racks (Thule) that I sometime use as well.

IMG_1874.jpeg