GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Oh, and it's a late model mount welded together.
So, I dont think it would be a good idea to cut the welds and use a stg1 insert.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Thanks all.
I solved the problem by using 2 crescent wrenches and a level and forced the battery support ears flat and level.
I also elongated the master brace holes abit.
All together and its great!
Gti Jake, I may just do that....
The supports on the full bfi mount are quite a bit less stiff than a pressed steel oem. This is important to me because the stiffer the mounts' housing, the stiffer the master cylinder brace that slots in on top of it, and under the battery tray.

Attachments

• 20230607_203148.jpg
    20230607_203148.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 67

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
By the way, how does the remaining rubber hold up (no pun) with the much harder BFI insert carrying the load?

I really like the full replacement, and will check it after some mileage.
I'll take a video of master cylinder motion to check under brake pedal pressure at that time.

Mines been installed for 130k miles issue free.

I do have a BFI Billet mount to go in when the car goes back together, but it’s purely just because I got one cheap from a buddy parting out his car.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
I took Jake‘s advice a while back and did the insert. I have no regrets and It feels pretty solid to me. I even called BFI and the guy said you won’t get much of a difference between the 2 options. Now if you could see the trans mount 100% would have bought full mount so it matches the driver side.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I took Jake‘s advice a while back and did the insert. I have no regrets and It feels pretty solid to me. I even called BFI and the guy said you won’t get much of a difference between the 2 options. Now if you could see the trans mount 100% would have bought full mount so it matches the driver side.

All that beautiful Billet bling nobody’s ever gonna see