GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Anyone want to swap S1 for S2 engine mounts? Just installed S2 mounts and it’s hilariously loud, I can’t daily with this.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Raise your idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Anyone want to swap S1 for S2 engine mounts? Just installed S2 mounts and it’s hilariously loud, I can’t daily with this.

You got a video? Curious to see how bad compared to stage 1. Just plugged the trigger on stage 1 mounts

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Raise your idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idle has been raised by 50 already. Dogbone inserts went in yesterday. Can’t see how these will break in at all. At least I know the how the top of the spectrum feels now.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
You got a video? Curious to see how bad compared to stage 1. Just plugged the trigger on stage 1 mounts

I have a video but it’s hard to tell. You get more vibration and almost like a Soundaktor at 300% piped in from the passenger side.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Give it 500 miles before a full eval. What dogbone or insert you using?

Edit: Just red your post above. If you are going stage 1 engine and tranny with 034 upper and lower insert on stock bone you will have my exact set up. You should like it.

Sweet, can't wait! Not sure if manual vs. DSG makes any difference in noise or anything but I am 6 spd. Will definitely give them a chance to break in before forming opinions.

:D

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sweet, can't wait! Not sure if manual vs. DSG makes any difference in noise or anything but I am 6 spd. Will definitely give them a chance to break in before forming opinions.

:D

DSG's are a 6 speed also but I get that you meant a manual transmission. :D

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Honestly the ratios are fucking garbage on the DSG. For daily driving, at least.

1 and 2 need to be taller, 3 is perfect (but obviously has to be a little taller if 2 is taller) and 4th is way too tall.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Doesn't solve the gear ratios.

Honestly I just wish it had the same gearing as the DQ250 in the MK6. When I needed a new DSG last year I was daydreaming about shoehorning a DQ250 from a MK6 into my 7 lolol. That motor had less power so they gave it more aggressive gears. If they kept the same gearing, it would be an incredible narrow-ratio DCT.

But I'm just talking daily driving.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Honestly I just wish it had the same gearing as the DQ250 in the MK6. When I needed a new DSG last year I was daydreaming about shoehorning a DQ250 from a MK6 into my 7 lolol. That motor had less power so they gave it more aggressive gears. If they kept the same gearing, it would be an incredible narrow-ratio DCT.

But I'm just talking daily driving.

Wonder how the MK6 DSG ratios compare to MK7 R DSG.....