GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***SOLD*** BFI Stage 1 Dogbone Insert - BNIB - Version 1

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
BNIB, BFI Stage 1 dogbone insert with original hardware included. This is the Version 1 insert in Stage 1 lower durometer 70A poly.

Bought as part of the BFI S1 mount set, but chose to use a Powerflex insert instead. $35.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0005.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

Last edited:

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
BNIB, BFI Stage 1 dogbone insert with original hardware included. This is the Version 1 insert in Stage 1 lower durometer 70A poly.

Bought as part of the BFI S1 mount set, but chose to use a Powerflex insert instead. $35.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 161214

View attachment 161215
Sorry to hijack this but how do you like that combo of the bfi mounts with the powerflex dogbone insert? This is the setup I was going to do.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
No problem, I’m waiting to install the mounts/insert with an upgraded turbo but will post my impressions when that happens.

Posters on the forum seem to like all 3 BFI Stage 1 mounts together or the BFI mounts with a powerflex insert for reasonable NVH in a DD, or the BFI mounts with the Powerflex hybrid puck for a locked in experience with appreciable NVH (which can be mitigated with a RocEuro pendulum arm, bolts appropriately torqued).

The BFI Stage 1 V1 insert listed here is still available FS, will take offers.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
No problem, I’m waiting to install the mounts/insert with an upgraded turbo but will post my impressions when that happens.

Posters on the forum seem to like all 3 BFI Stage 1 mounts together or the BFI mounts with a powerflex insert for reasonable NVH in a DD, or the BFI mounts with the Powerflex hybrid puck for a locked in experience with appreciable NVH (which can be mitigated with a RocEuro pendulum arm, bolts appropriately torqued).

The BFI Stage 1 V1 insert listed here is still available FS, will take offers.

I'm interested. I need to verify which version I have, though. I'll try to do that later when I get home.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Do you know at which year they switched to v2? Floor jack is apparently broken and I can’t confirm

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I drive a 2019 and have the V1, so it’s totally inconsistent. Whatever VW threw on from the Mk7 parts bin.

Easiest way to find out is to stick your arm underneath the vehicle and take a cell phone photo of the lower dogbone mount, no ramps/jack stands needed!

https://blackforestindustries.com/c...e-arm-insert-dogbone-insert-stage-1-version-1
The image on the BFI website is useful to determine V1 vs V2.

You're correct. 2017 with a v2. Just used your method :D

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hijack this but how do you like that combo of the bfi mounts with the powerflex dogbone insert? This is the setup I was going to do.

Just had the BFI S1 engine/tranny mounts with the 70A PF DB insert installed on my 6MT 4Motion GSW. Only change I noticed is an incredibly slight “fish nibble” at idle. NO shaking rear/side view mirrors, no vibration in reverse, nothing at all my wife will notice. Cabin noise is increased, which I like actually. Huge improvement.

Rigle

Go Kart Newbie
Just had the BFI S1 engine/tranny mounts with the 70A PF DB insert installed on my 6MT 4Motion GSW. Only change I noticed is an incredibly slight “fish nibble” at idle. NO shaking rear/side view mirrors, no vibration in reverse, nothing at all my wife will notice. Cabin noise is increased, which I like actually. Huge improvement.
I ended up getting the stage 1 BFI mounts and the powerflex hybrid and it barely added any vibration at all.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Once/if my dogbone mount gets trashed I’ll replace with the hybrid puck.

BFI Stage 1 dogbone still available! Easy install, tightens up the transmission nicely.

$30 shipped.