GOLFMKV

BFI - Heavy Weight Shift Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
A little something we made for Orchid Euro's Harlequin just in time for them to take it over to Worthersee!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

ApexRex

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey BFI! I bought and installed your Air Leather GS2 and think it is excellent. I was apprehensive on the way it installed to the shifter with the screws, but I have confidence that even without the locktight it is well made and will stay tight. I love the quality of materials and the feel of the shifter, as well as how much lower it is than stock. It is an excellent upgrade.

The only less positive feedback I have is that even though the adapter base is tight and the knob is fully tightened down and does not spin, it would still clunk when changing gears if the shift was anything except extremely gentle. I removed the knob and wrapped the shaft in several layers of electrical tape so that it was very snug and there is no more clunking of the shaft hitting the inside of the knob when shifting. Although no one will ever see this, I know it's there and that is not how I like to modify my cars. Is there anything in the works or could there be, even for an additional fee, for a small rubber or silicone sleeve or cap to go underneath the shift knob to have it firmly fit for an experience on par with an OEM quality product? I will be searching for a solution, but wanted to share my feedback and reach out to see if there was anything you all offered already.

I love the knob and have gotten many compliments on it! Thank you!!

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
Hey BFI! I bought and installed your Air Leather GS2 and think it is excellent. I was apprehensive on the way it installed to the shifter with the screws, but I have confidence that even without the locktight it is well made and will stay tight. I love the quality of materials and the feel of the shifter, as well as how much lower it is than stock. It is an excellent upgrade.

The only less positive feedback I have is that even though the adapter base is tight and the knob is fully tightened down and does not spin, it would still clunk when changing gears if the shift was anything except extremely gentle. I removed the knob and wrapped the shaft in several layers of electrical tape so that it was very snug and there is no more clunking of the shaft hitting the inside of the knob when shifting. Although no one will ever see this, I know it's there and that is not how I like to modify my cars. Is there anything in the works or could there be, even for an additional fee, for a small rubber or silicone sleeve or cap to go underneath the shift knob to have it firmly fit for an experience on par with an OEM quality product? I will be searching for a solution, but wanted to share my feedback and reach out to see if there was anything you all offered already.

I love the knob and have gotten many compliments on it! Thank you!!

Thanks for the feedback!

The shift rod in the MK7 platform is a stamped steel part, which is not perfectly uniform between each and every vehicle. Due to variance in tolerances between vehicles, creating a "one size fits all" sleeve isn't really possible. We have looked into a few different ways to alleviate that in the small portion of vehicles that have that noise, but adding an insert would also mean that we would need to machine more of the knob during production, meaning it would make the knob lighter.

That being said, we are always striving to produce the best product possible, and if we do come up with a permanent solution in the future, I'll be sure to reach out to you on the forums and let you know! :)

HercAviTech

Any tips on installing one of these and maintaining the neatness of the boot? I have a MK7 GTI and I REALLY want a GS2 Schwarz, but I'm nervous because in most of these pictures the boots don't look as neat anymore. I really want it to retain a look of factory quality once installed.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

Hot off the production line, we’ve just released 4 new versions of our GS2 Heavyweight Shift Knob. These special edition knobs are wrapped in actual factory Magma Red perforated leather and are available in machined silver, or anodized black for both Manual or DSG / Automatic vehicles. These new knobs are just oozing class and simply melt in the palm of your hand. If you’ve been holding out, then this knob might just be the one for you. The GS2 Heavyweight Shift Knob, better shifting you can feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.