GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFGoodrich g-Force Comp 2 A/S vs. Continental ExtremeContact DWS06?

Engineer90

Ready to race!
First post in these forums, I'm more active on the Vortex forums :)

I have OEM wheels and Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS (which are awful), but want to upgrade to Neuspeed RSE10 18x8.5 et45 (bronze) and I want to pair with 245/40/18 and drop on Eibach ProKit or VWR springs. This set up works without rubbing according to other forum posts... might even consider 255 and 18x9, who knows.

With my previous MKI Audi TT, I did have the ExtremeConctact DWS06 and they were amazing in the snow. My wife got these tires on her Elantra and they did great in the snow we got here recently which was about 6". All in all, the Contis have been the best tires we have ever had, just a tiny MPG penalty, but rock solid on highway and just everyday commuting, and great handling.

I've been looking at the BFGoodrich g-Force Comp 2 A/S which are very similar in performance to the Contis, but they have the different pattern. I'd be interested in these since the tread is a little wider at 245 (9" vs the Contis 8.2" wide tread) when compared side by side, I assume handling might be better than the Contis.

How do they do in dry, wet, snow, highway? All thoughts are appreciated!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...GFC2ASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...8DWS06XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I had the BFG on my mk6 and I loved them, they had good grip. Only put like 8k miles tops on them before I traded the car tho.

Engineer90

Ready to race!
Love the Comp-2 A/S on my Golf and Eos. Golf is stage 2, pretty low, some camber they seem to last around 25-30k. Current set has 1 track day and 1 Auto-x day with no sidewall folding/rolling. Decent in snow, but not a winter tire. Had the DWS on my mini they were great in everything except snow. Couldn’t get any traction, I believe this was more due to the open diff than the tire, but am not sure.

Also worth noting. They are a wider tread tire. A 225 will fit like a 235 similiar to the PSS. They fit both my 18x8 and 18x8.5 great. Love the meaty look.

Thanks for this!

I know the Contis and BFGs aren't snow tires, but need something that will hold up ok in light snow... not more than 6". The Contis I've owned have done well in about 6" snow.

But the wider tread on the BFG Comp-2 do interest me because they are more meaty, plus I like the square look when paired with 8.5" wide wheels.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
I can second the comment that the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2’s run wide. I just had 4 mounted, 225 wide and they are noticeably wider than my old Hankook 225’s. [emoji482]

Engineer90

Ready to race!
I can second the comment that the BFGoodrich G-Force Comp 2’s run wide. I just had 4 mounted, 225 wide and they are noticeably wider than my old Hankook 225’s. [emoji482]
Nice! You got the set up I want! BFGs and RSE10s! I will get RSE10 18x8.5 and BFG 245/40/18 as soon as it stops snowing here in NJ.

Looks gorgeous.

Mind doing a front quarter view? :) Wanna appreciate the RSE10s more.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

That's a good, meaty lookin' tire.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
That's a good, meaty lookin' tire.

I agree, I really love the look of these tires. Not to mention the outstanding performance improvement from my previous tires.

Nice! You got the set up I want! BFGs and RSE10s! I will get RSE10 18x8.5 and BFG 245/40/18 as soon as it stops snowing here in NJ.

Looks gorgeous.

Mind doing a front quarter view? :) Wanna appreciate the RSE10s more.

Thank you. I actually had already taken another photo that I hadn’t uploaded. Probably not quite as focused on the rim as you’d like. I’ll take another shot tomorrow in the day though.

Engineer90

Ready to race!
I agree, I really love the look of these tires. Not to mention the outstanding performance improvement from my previous tires.

Thank you. I actually had already taken another photo that I hadn’t uploaded. Probably not quite as focused on the rim as you’d like. I’ll take another shot tomorrow in the day though.

Do so when you can! I am def going for the bronze too and you have the gray GTI which I have too. Mine is a 2 door though.

K.A.I.N.

Ready to race!
I've had both tires, albeit on different cars and different sizes. The DWS 06 was 255 width on a 2014 Mustang GT, and the Comp 2 A/S are 215 width on a 2010 Hyundai Accent, so obviously not an apples-to-apples comparo, lol. But in any case, I prefer the Comp 2 A/S. The DWS06 had a habit of hydroplaning a bit, but otherwise was a solid UHP A/S tire.

If you really want the best in class, however, get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I have them on my GTI and they rock so far.

Engineer90

Ready to race!
I've had both tires, albeit on different cars and different sizes. The DWS 06 was 255 width on a 2014 Mustang GT, and the Comp 2 A/S are 215 width on a 2010 Hyundai Accent, so obviously not an apples-to-apples comparo, lol. But in any case, I prefer the Comp 2 A/S. The DWS06 had a habit of hydroplaning a bit, but otherwise was a solid UHP A/S tire.

If you really want the best in class, however, get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I have them on my GTI and they rock so far.

They look pretty good, just checked them out on TireRack. Tread pattern seems to be rock solid.

How do they do in light snow?