GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best wiper blades?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Well the polar vortex took one of my front wiper blades rubber (due to ice). So looks like I’m looking at need to replace all 3 blades since they were used at best. Did some research, looks like bosch, rainX, or Tritco seem to be the ones people like. Any ideas and advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
TBH, I'm amazed at how well my stock OEMs have held up. One year and 9.5k miles, and they're still wiping like brand new (and they're on their second New England winter). I think the washer fluid choice makes a big difference in the longevity of the blades. When I used the cheap generic blue fluid I never got more than six months out of blades and they always streaked. I switched to detergent-containing fluid and now my blades last at least twice as long and are streak free.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
TBH, I'm amazed at how well my stock OEMs have held up. One year and 9.5k miles, and they're still wiping like brand new (and they're on their second New England winter). I think the washer fluid choice makes a big difference in the longevity of the blades. When I used the cheap generic blue fluid I never got more than six months out of blades and they always streaked. I switched to detergent-containing fluid and now my blades last at least twice as long and are streak free.

Yeah i had really no issues with oem, i ran them for 14k miles it was only recently that they started to streak then this recent ice storm caused the rubber to rip. Looking to see if anyone bought them all in a group (oem) or if aftermarket is better. Also interesting, i use the cheap blue stuff hahaha

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
The brand definitely helps but I think that maintaining and cleaning the blades is the best way to keep them working good, its something a lot of people overlook.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Bosch icon. Get the OE version, not the A/B, they will not fit

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
updates? My driver side wiper just ripped in the middle and no longer wipes in the area that I use to see... so.... time to replace

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I replaced my OEM blades with some Anco ones i got off Rock Auto, works as well as OEM from what I can tell and inexpensive too.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Update: I asked for recommendations then ignored everyone who answered me earlier and went with the Bosch Aerotwins which I ordered last week and received yesterday. Installed yesterday and I have to say I love the VW wiper installation method. So much easier than trying to skewer them onto my Camry's rusted u-shaped wiper arm clip thing.

Aerotwins are 100% silent and glide like butter. The little things make me happy and these are very satisfying

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Update: I asked for recommendations then ignored everyone who answered me earlier and went with the Bosch Aerotwins which I ordered last week and received yesterday. Installed yesterday and I have to say I love the VW wiper installation method. So much easier than trying to skewer them onto my Camry's rusted u-shaped wiper arm clip thing.

Aerotwins are 100% silent and glide like butter. The little things make me happy and these are very satisfying

Awesome! Sadly, I got caught in rain and my old blade (torn wiper) actually scratched my new windshield. I looked online at some solutions to this new problem. Just another day in the life

edrex

Ready to race!

Waiting for the same set to be delivered. Glad to know they work well on our cars