GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to tint rear lights?

Craigmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about tinting my rear lights. But only want a light tint, same tint as the R if achievable! I can't afford to buy new r lights either.

Anyone recommend a tint spray? If so please share! :)
Or is film better?

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
I think film would be better. Easier to get a smooth, even finish. Spraying them would be dependent on your skill. If you cant afford to buy new lights if they get ruined, definitely use film.

edward@becautoparts.com

Go Kart Champion
Lamin-x- as mentioned, its reversible, if you don't like it, just remove it. Plus, it protects the lights against minor scratches.

We have them for sale as well at very reasonable prices, just contact us.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
Also, be careful about how dark you want your taillights. I had my Civic Si tails tinted super dark, and I got pulled over/ticketed constantly.

Since it was a shitty spray job, it wasn't easy to get off.

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
plastidip

LOL, definitely do not use Plastidip. That is for covering with vinyl, no transparency.
Does England sell Nightshade? That is the best transparent tinting spray that I can think of.

ZKK007

Ready to race!
Laminx is the easiest way if you want to tint the whole thing.

I used VHT Nite shade from Advanced Auto (about $14) and then masked off the areas I wanted. If you go this route, be sure not to spray too much as it goes dark quickly. One benefit of this product is that you can wipe it away with Goof Off (available at Home Depot). Goof Off is pretty strong though so be sure to wipe carefully.

I've done mine about 3 times settled on doing them like the Euro GTI tail lights.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Info@EurovisionPF

Ready to race!
go to s shop that uses good transparent films like Hexis or ORACAL/ORAFOL they will look like OEM without the need to paint them which is not reversible. We would not recommend buying ANY pre-cut kits for something like this as they rarely every have good fitment even with a stellar installer nothing compares to a custom install.

Please Note that in most states tinting/smoking rear tail lights can be considered a Modification of a safety device and in the likely hood you are in a accident you can be found to be at fault because your brake lights where modified. Just making sure you all know the fine print that is out there before going really dark on those lights or making the modification permanent.