GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Street Tires for stock 2019 GTI SE?

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
I am finally replacing my stock tires (225/40 R18) which are on Konig Ampliform wheels (18x8.5). I was thinking of getting these (I live in NY). Any feedback or opinions on them?

Goodyear Assurance MaxLife All-Season 235/40R18 91V ($155 per)​

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I am finally replacing my stock tires (225/40 R18) which are on Konig Ampliform wheels (18x8.5). I was thinking of getting these (I live in NY). Any feedback or opinions on them?

Goodyear Assurance MaxLife All-Season 235/40R18 91V ($155 per)​

never heard of em. If you’ve got 8.5 barrels I would do 245, I have 235’s on my 8.5 wheels and wish I had 245’s for extra lip protection. If you never parallel park it’s a non-issue

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
never heard of em. If you’ve got 8.5 barrels I would do 245, I have 235’s on my 8.5 wheels and wish I had 245’s for extra lip protection. If you never parallel park it’s a non-issue
Yeah I already hit twice with the 225s and was sick to my stomach! Not that bad but any scratch is bad! So the 245s if i go that route would be 245/40R18? Thanks.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yeah I already hit twice with the 225s and was sick to my stomach! Not that bad but any scratch is bad! So the 245s if i go that route would be 245/40R18? Thanks.
225 is way too slim for an 8.5 barrel. 225's come on the stock 7.5's. you've been running stretched sidewalls.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
225's are indeed too skinny IMO. I run 235's Conti DWS06, and could probably run 245's. Depending on how low you go, both are viable options. Aggressive suspension may see some rub on 245's

EDIT: on an 18x8.5 et45 wheel

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure tire rack has a comparison with actual objective and subjective ratings of the top AS performance tires side by side. I'd look there.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Another Michelin PS4AS owner here and I really like them a lot. I was between them and the Goodyear Exhilarate. I found it easier to get a good deal on Michelins, because Discount Tire would match Costco’s price. Under $700 installed In the stock 225-40-18 size.

alnation1

Passed Driver's Ed
225 is way too slim for an 8.5 barrel. 225's come on the stock 7.5's. you've been running stretched sidewalls.
Went with the 245 DWS06 Continental Extreme Contact. Love them so far! They also updated my APR ECU Stage 1 tune to the most recent 6/1/20 update. I have to say I've had 2 or 3 other updates to this and couldn't tell the difference at all, this one WAY better! The shifts are way smoother. Just FYI.

Attachments

• tempImageCE3ru3.png
    tempImageCE3ru3.png
    16.3 MB · Views: 102

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Bumping this up to get some data points going on summer UHPs. I'm currently debating between the three well-known budget tires that are run around here. Considering I'm in a pretty rainy area, I'm looking for something that has decent wet traction. As I run dedicated winters, UHP A/S tires like the PS4A/S are redundant, and I'll be doing occasional autocross. Looking at the following:

Falken FK510
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
General G-Max RS

Based on aesthetics alone, I like the Firehawks, but if anyone in wetter parts of the area have an idea on the other two I'm all ears. They're all in the same price range where I am, so that's why I'm having a bit of a time deciding what to get before my seasonal changeover.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bumping this up to get some data points going on summer UHPs. I'm currently debating between the three well-known budget tires that are run around here. Considering I'm in a pretty rainy area, I'm looking for something that has decent wet traction. As I run dedicated winters, UHP A/S tires like the PS4A/S are redundant, and I'll be doing occasional autocross. Looking at the following:

Falken FK510
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
General G-Max RS

Based on aesthetics alone, I like the Firehawks, but if anyone in wetter parts of the area have an idea on the other two I'm all ears. They're all in the same price range where I am, so that's why I'm having a bit of a time deciding what to get before my seasonal changeover.
Indy isn't great in the rain.

I like the FK610's, haven't driven the RS, but hard good things.

The Falkens handle Florida rain really well.