GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Street Tires for stock 2019 GTI SE?

Joe K

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Manual
2019 GTI SE, w/stock rims and Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS. I'm looking at replacing with Michelin PS 4AS - great buy at Costco this month. I generally like the ride of the Pirelli, but not the handling and noise. Anyone with experience with the Michelin's, or other suggestions. I've read good stuff about these new Michelins - Tirerack, etc. I considered the Goodyear Eagle Exhilirate, but the Michelin is priced right this month.

I live in Florida, so All-Seasons might seem strange, but I travel occasionally in winter to mid-Atlantic and even northeast - so prefer to avoid summer only tires, (plus not crazy about tread life). While I want to improve handling and feel, especially at the limit, I do like a reasonable ride, decent tread life and prefer to keep my fuel economy about the same.

Thank you for the input!

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I have a set of the Exhilirates and love them. However, if you are getting a good deal on the PS 4AS, get those. I almost did but was getting a pretty good deal on the Goodyears when they were running a special on them.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The AS4's are probably the best all-season tire ever made. You cannot go wrong with them, unless of course you live in Nova Scotia lol.

they're essentially high treadwear summer tires that can be run year-round in climates like the northeast. Since you live in Florida, they will perform like summer tires. You'll just get a lot more mileage out of them.

11/10, strongly recommended. I just put them on my Alltrack last week and they're incredible. The tires have more in them than my suspension does lol.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I have had Continental ExtremeContact DWS on my current and past GTI and really happy with it. They excel is almost all aspects and i wish the sidewalls are a little stiffer.

There are plenty of threads with similar discussions and a search will give you lot of information.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I run 4AS, they're great. We had snow last weekend, just a few inches, but they worked fine, much better than my previous AS3+, which were a mess in snow. I have family in Northern New Mexico, so it's nice to have a tire that can handle those conditions when needed. For street driving, I also prefer a tire with approachable limits, the 4S is a great tire, but not really much fun on the streets, the limits are high enough to call for track time, or really open back roads. The 4AS are easier to get to the limit without scaring the general population, but still stick very well and certainly better than any of the OE tires. They also ride quite well and are much quieter than my OE Hankooks or the 3AS+.

FPP

Passed Driver's Ed
I run 4AS, they're great. We had snow last weekend, just a few inches, but they worked fine, much better than my previous AS3+, which were a mess in snow. I have family in Northern New Mexico, so it's nice to have a tire that can handle those conditions when needed. For street driving, I also prefer a tire with approachable limits, the 4S is a great tire, but not really much fun on the streets, the limits are high enough to call for track time, or really open back roads. The 4AS are easier to get to the limit without scaring the general population, but still stick very well and certainly better than any of the OE tires. They also ride quite well and are much quieter than my OE Hankooks or the 3AS+.
Glad to hear about the good performance in the snow. I am coming off AS3s (not pluses). They were pretty bad on slush and snow.

Joe K

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Manual
Thank you guys for the input. I’m open to more.

BTW...My first VW, after years of Honda’s, and I love my GTI!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Glad to hear about the good performance in the snow. I am coming off AS3s (not pluses). They were pretty bad on slush and snow.
I had AS3 on a regular car. They were pretty dodgy on even cold rain. The Pluses were definitely better, but still pretty useless on any snow accumulation. The 4's finally feel like a true all season.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information available. Plenty of good advice given so far, but realize there's no such thing as 'best street tire'. There's so many options and variables with tires that there is no single best one.

Oscar_T10

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 VW GTI SE 6 SP
Is anyone using 235/40 on a 18 x 7.5 wheel? I am considering jumping on the deal Costco is offering for the Michelins.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is anyone using 235/40 on a 18 x 7.5 wheel? I am considering jumping on the deal Costco is offering for the Michelins.
I ran 245's on 7.5. 235 is fine.