GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best price/honest dealers....east coast.

Brewster411

I was surprised that my local dealer, Joe Holland VW, gave me a slightly better OTD price quote than Lindsay VW or Stohlman VW. No games of adding destination back into the price or tacking on high doc fees either.

ccarell

In the same boat here. Looking for 2019 S 6MT in central jersey. Kinda bummed better deals seemed to be had in April as i was hoping for solid Memorial Day sales. At this point I'm wondering if i should wait til end of year for the hopeful deals in low 20's like OP said. That is if my current 92' prelude with 290k miles can last until then lol. Always good to keep monitoring the prices though and hearing about current deals people are getting.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Didnt read all the post sorry but, why not google what the car is worth kbb, the. Go in and get a fair price? My dealer sells the most in my area, I went in and got the lowest end of the kbb value for new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Looks like dealers in DC area have made some update to their online listings. I was going through one of the dealer's fine print for a listed GTI and was surprised with few statements:

Advertised prices conform with Volkswagen pricing guidelines for advertising. These extra discounts are available with a call, email, text, online price request or by visiting our showroom. For the best selection and pricing please contact us with the vehicle you’re considering, as well as your eligibility for additional savings programs. Prices subject to availability and are limited to vehicles in inventory. New vehicle pricing assumes financing with preferred providers and may not be combined with special financing and or lease offers. Destination (factory transportation fees) are included in advertised pricing. Tax, Title, Tags, and $699 processing fee not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser.

I think someone within VW might have raised flags about those dealers adding back destination fee to their online listed price.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
I bought mine from Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner VA, everything was smooth with them 100% will go back to them. Was discussing email quotes with them for the past 1-2 months and they actually gave me numbers. Customer service was on point online, via phone, and in person. While Lindsay and Fairfax VW just kept saying come in and we can discuss. They have more inventory as they are in a more bigger area (to store cars and such) so prices could be better with them but I don't think by much since they are all competitive in price.

Update: will not be going back to them. more info in post below

Last edited:

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
I bought mine from Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner VA, everything was smooth with them 100% will go back to them. Was discussing email quotes with them for the past 1-2 months and they actually gave me numbers. Customer service was on point online, via phone, and in person. While Lindsay and Fairfax VW just kept saying come in and we can discuss. They have more inventory as they are in a more bigger area (to store cars and such) so prices could be better with them but I don't think by much since they are all competitive in price.

Both of those dealers just kept texting me to come in as well. I’d already got a quote from a different, closer dealer and just let them waste their time reaching out now like they did with me telling me to come in.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Both of those dealers just kept texting me to come in as well. I’d already got a quote from a different, closer dealer and just let them waste their time reaching out now like they did with me telling me to come in.

I did the exact same thing, just let them keep contacting me while I ignore. They could've easily just given me a number up front. Glad you found a dealer closer because they are not worth wasting your time for.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I bought mine from Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner VA, everything was smooth with them 100% will go back to them.

I can pretty much echo your comments. I have bought two GTIs from them and my sales guy is one of the best. I didn have any hickups or surprises in either of my transactions.

Sales person whom i dealth with in Lindsay VW gave me a quote but it wasnt anywhere closer to the price i got from Stohlman.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
I can pretty much echo your comments. I have bought two GTIs from them and my sales guy is one of the best. I didn have any hickups or surprises in either of my transactions.

Sales person whom i dealth with in Lindsay VW gave me a quote but it wasnt anywhere closer to the price i got from Stohlman.

Wow good to hear! Thats reassuring and will end up hopefully buying another GTI or R from them in the future!

Edit: Wont be buying from them in the future as I found out there were scratches that they created on one of the rear windows. They wouldn't even consider repairing it even though the car was new. Told me that you should've noticed from the time of purchase, but you can't see the scratches easily from the outside.

Last edited:

gymrat

Just picked up my 2020 GTI SE DSG from VW of Salem County, NJ. It was about 2 weeks of back and forth emails with Tara who was fantastic. A shoutout to Joe and the rest of the staff too.
The GTI prices in Long Island were no where close to the price I got at Salem.

Trend Motors (Glenn) came pretty close to Salem's price-he was higher on my trade-in but also higher on the actual price of the car so the difference was about $150 less with Trend Motors but I was already committed to Salem. (Salem also had the color I wanted.)

Last edited:

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone,
I still didn't buy the new GTI, but I will be in the next few months. I will be targeting a 2019 S with the 6 spd. I live in NJ, however I am willing to travel upwards of three hundred miles to get the best price.
With all the above in mind what dealers have people had good luck with in terms of getting the best price and no shady sales tactics?
It seems that the dealers in the areas near Washington D.C. have good deals, but it reality they don't. A few of the dealers advertise a super low price, but that price includes many rebates that most people don't qualify for or at least don't qualify for all of the rebates. Then there is Sheehy VW, they also list low prices, but the fine print indicates if you are out of state they add a market adjustment to the price......sounds like a huge scam to me.
In a perfect world I would like to pay in the low 20's for a new GTI. Am I being realistic or are they selling for higher prices?

Thank you!

I bought mine from Lindsay VW around DC, and I'm in NC; identical trim to what you want. The purchase experience was smooth; smoother than walking in the local dealership.

There were delivery issues, but that had nothing to do with them. The coordinator they suggested, Red Carpet Transport, worked tirelessly over the weekend even at midnight on a Sunday to help me out. I can't say enough good about that operation's customer service and dedication. Outstanding.

At least a couple of weeks ago, that dealer still had one on the lot.