GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Best price/honest dealers....east coast.

vj123

Drag Race Newbie
Ride
2019 GTI Rabbit
I bought mine from Stohlman VW in Tysons Corner VA, everything was smooth with them 100% will go back to them.

I can pretty much echo your comments. I have bought two GTIs from them and my sales guy is one of the best. I didn have any hickups or surprises in either of my transactions.

Sales person whom i dealth with in Lindsay VW gave me a quote but it wasnt anywhere closer to the price i got from Stohlman.

Aliu121

Ride
19' SE DSG
I can pretty much echo your comments. I have bought two GTIs from them and my sales guy is one of the best. I didn have any hickups or surprises in either of my transactions.

Sales person whom i dealth with in Lindsay VW gave me a quote but it wasnt anywhere closer to the price i got from Stohlman.

Wow good to hear! Thats reassuring and will end up hopefully buying another GTI or R from them in the future!

Edit: Wont be buying from them in the future as I found out there were scratches that they created on one of the rear windows. They wouldn't even consider repairing it even though the car was new. Told me that you should've noticed from the time of purchase, but you can't see the scratches easily from the outside.

Last edited:

gymrat

Just picked up my 2020 GTI SE DSG from VW of Salem County, NJ. It was about 2 weeks of back and forth emails with Tara who was fantastic. A shoutout to Joe and the rest of the staff too.
The GTI prices in Long Island were no where close to the price I got at Salem.

Trend Motors (Glenn) came pretty close to Salem's price-he was higher on my trade-in but also higher on the actual price of the car so the difference was about $150 less with Trend Motors but I was already committed to Salem. (Salem also had the color I wanted.)

Last edited:

dosjockey

Go Kart Newbie
Hi everyone,
I still didn't buy the new GTI, but I will be in the next few months. I will be targeting a 2019 S with the 6 spd. I live in NJ, however I am willing to travel upwards of three hundred miles to get the best price.
With all the above in mind what dealers have people had good luck with in terms of getting the best price and no shady sales tactics?
It seems that the dealers in the areas near Washington D.C. have good deals, but it reality they don't. A few of the dealers advertise a super low price, but that price includes many rebates that most people don't qualify for or at least don't qualify for all of the rebates. Then there is Sheehy VW, they also list low prices, but the fine print indicates if you are out of state they add a market adjustment to the price......sounds like a huge scam to me.
In a perfect world I would like to pay in the low 20's for a new GTI. Am I being realistic or are they selling for higher prices?

Thank you!
I bought mine from Lindsay VW around DC, and I'm in NC; identical trim to what you want. The purchase experience was smooth; smoother than walking in the local dealership.

There were delivery issues, but that had nothing to do with them. The coordinator they suggested, Red Carpet Transport, worked tirelessly over the weekend even at midnight on a Sunday to help me out. I can't say enough good about that operation's customer service and dedication. Outstanding.

At least a couple of weeks ago, that dealer still had one on the lot.

7thVW

Donaldson's VW in Sayville NY is top notch. I purchased 6 vehicles from them over the years. Family owned business that cares about their customers.