GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best exhaust system?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I want something that's decently loud, minimal drone, lots of pop and bangs with a deep tone to it. I want to keep the original downpipe. Personally, I was thinking about the Clubsport S catback with a resonator delete. Let me know what you guys think! I have a 2017 GTI Sport DSG.

I suggest you try the CS Muffler.
I know some like louder but you also risk drone and speeds over 70mph.
Lower cost, can install yourself (if you like) and remain OE like and you have some Clubsport on your car, even if that is all we get.

dragonskiss

Ready to race!
I suggest you try the CS Muffler.
I know some like louder but you also risk drone and speeds over 70mph.
Lower cost, can install yourself (if you like) and remain OE like and you have some Clubsport on your car, even if that is all we get.

Agreed. I've had mine installed for over 500 miles now. Don't regret it one bit. It's definitely quiet and civilized under 3k, but give it some throttle and it sings.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I also recommend Clubsport S Muffler though you're not going to get much pops/bangs with the stock downpipe, unless you're obviously tuned with a exhaust pop/bang map. Not in an NA Golf anyway...

Not sure about a res delete... but do not recommend if you ever change your mind and get an aftermarket downpipe.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Anyone has feedback and possibly clips for CSS muffler+res delete?
I am curious of how that combo sounds

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
ok thanks, unfortunately i purchased the ECS res delete sometime ago since it was on sale. Now I am debating if i should put it on.
I dont plan on stage2+ or downpipe

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
ok thanks, unfortunately i purchased the ECS res delete sometime ago since it was on sale. Now I am debating if i should put it on.
I dont plan on stage2+ or downpipe

You can, but I wouldn’t bother as the effects basically negligible. I’m sure you can sell it and put the money towards the CSS.

Daniel López

Car(s)
2016 GTI MK7
What would be a good exhaust setup if I have a CTS catless downpipe, dont want it to be to extremely loud, just sound better and sporty.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What would be a good exhaust setup if I have a CTS catless downpipe, dont want it to be to extremely loud, just sound better and sporty.
Isn't it pretty loud already with a catless DP? Don't know what exhaust systems are available in Guatemala. Try YouTube for how different exhaust systems sound.

Daniel López

Car(s)
2016 GTI MK7
That is my indecision, sometimes I feel an aftermarket exhaust may be a waste of money, but sometimes hear another GTIs or S3s and would love mine sounded like that

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'd look for others in your area with similar vehicles, and see what exhaust options they run. Not always an option depending on geography/how many other modded cars are around, but it's worth a shot. Personally, I was back and forth a TON on my catback choice, and wound up going with the CTS catback. It's gotten a bit louder after flashing the car but it's hardly unbearable, the price wasn't bad, and it looks nice IMO. Definitely not as raspy as some other mk7s I've heard, though I couldn't identify the exhaust on them. I'd trust @GTI Jake on any exhaust suggestions he has, as his systems repeatedly sound good and it seems as though he really knows what he's talking about when weighing in.