GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Diagnostic Dealers in Sacramento, Central Valley, Bay Area

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Need help with a dealer who knows what they are doing. Have had my 2012 gti in and out of lasher for months. Started off with a bad diagnostic at niello at the time didn’t go through with repair. A more serious issue popped up which was a bad mechtronic unit and decided to try to fix the lingering issue which was presenting as a bad abs module. Was in and out of kombi haus a few times they weren’t confident with the diagnosis. Spent hours diagnosing modules that kept locking them out narrowed down to gateway and finally recommended taking it to lasher in Elk Grove.

lasher fixed the transmission issue and replaced the abs module. Take it home starts throwing codes. They then diagnosed a bad gateway. On way home threw check engine. All of the codes are around lost communication for immobilizer, cluster, abs, etc. Probably 10 or so codes some p some u. All around lost communication or inplausible signal.

At this point I am thinking something with the can network. Bad wire or ground or harness. Anyone have a dealer or independent shop that knows their crap with diagnosing electrical issues. Want to fix it cause not looking to pay exorbitant price for a new or used car right now. Car has 106k miles so should have some life left in it.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Advanced Autowerks in SF has been really good to me
We ended up getting it fixed. Took vw sending in an outside tech and they didn’t charge us. They had to repin 4 wires in a connector. Knock on wood no cel in 10k miles.

qnz

Car(s)
2015 Golf R, A35 AMG
wanted to 2nd Advanced Autowerks. They were my shop when I lived in SF. Moved to Fremont a couple of years ago and been going to my local garage + tuner shops but my experience + value have been underwhelming.