GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Child / Infant seats

illec

We had the Chico Keyfit 30 for a rear facing infant with the detachable base. It was nice having multiple bases for grand parents and stuff. Loved it.

My wife has Recaro seats that are good until something like 65 pounds, girls will be in those until they can transition to out of car seats all together.

I had Britax and they were nicer than the Recaro seats, but didn't have the same weight range. I liked that each side tightened where as the Recaro only tightened on one side.

I have boosters now, which kinda sucks because my kids can't buckle themselves in yet.

Ugh, I was so excited to have a kid in a Recaro baby seat but they recalled them and stopped selling them in the US due to safety concerns.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Ugh, I was so excited to have a kid in a Recaro baby seat but they recalled them and stopped selling them in the US due to safety concerns.

They recalled 173,000 ProRide and Performance Ride seats, not all seats. The ones in my wife's car were not subject to the recall.

My oldest is <1% height/weight--she's 8 and only weighs 38 pounds lol. The Recaro seats are fantastic because she is kinda short for boosters and she can get in and out of the Recaro easier.

That being said, my old Britax seats were nicer. Materials, fit and finish, and the way they mounted were superior to the Recaro seats. You're not missing out :p

joeR6

We like the Diono Radian rxt. We don’t swap it out often. It’s quite easy to install and we wash the cover every so often. Feels very safe but is quite heavy. There seems to be a new version called radian 3r which is also cheaper. One plus is that you can fit 3 in a row.

I have this seat. If you are fitting 3 in a row i assume you are using the seat belts for all 3 and not the latch system?

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
FWIW we have a Graco extend2fit and it works well.

Be careful getting these in and out of the car though. I dinged my rear quarter panel with it pretty good. UGH

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Thought I'd share this new product coming to market, developed and tested to exceed US crash safety standards by two Swiss mountaineers (and dads) who were tired of lugging car seats around and co-developed a harness system. Be aware it has minimum age/height/weight requirements but it seems very promising for travel situations and short trips. I'm not sure I'd use it as a full car seat replacement at all times.

They are co-manufacturing the harness with one of the biggest climbing and outdoor gear companies in the world. They haven't specified which one, but I assume Mammut given they are Swiss and Mammut is one of the only companies making outdoor gear and climbing gear.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...05kLRRE__19A-IYhe-pWle97Do3Q7kM9VhviVnntAxg#/