GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best boost tap?

mattywolffee

Just got the p3 and was wondering what the best boost tap kit to get, was thinking apr?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
APR style tap is the only one not causing issues, too bad you have to permanently puncture the intake manifold to use it.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Anyone else have anything to say about the APR boost tap (ie your experience installing it) Im about to put mine in and looks simple enough just haven't ever ran a boost tap by making a hole in the mani lol was much simpler on my evos

vwinva

Ready to race!
Anyone else have anything to say about the APR boost tap (ie your experience installing it) Im about to put mine in and looks simple enough just haven't ever ran a boost tap by making a hole in the mani lol was much simpler on my evos

Be sure to take the car out for a good drive, do some wot pulls, get that intake mani nice and hot.

It will take more effort to punch the hole then you would think.

It's an easy install just a bit scary punching the hole since you have to give it some good blow from the hammer.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
I installed the APR boost tap and was beating on that punch tool with a hammer and it would not bottom out once I used some wd-40 on the punch tool I was able to finally pierce the intake manifold

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
I installed the APR boost tap and was beating on that punch tool with a hammer and it would not bottom out once I used some wd-40 on the punch tool I was able to finally pierce the intake manifold

Takes more of a beating than the external plastic shell would lead you to believe!
Glad you got it in [emoji106]?
Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Bringing this back from the dead, maybe... Was looking at getting a boost tap and wondering if anybody has any suggestions? Punching hole through manifold versus throttle body versus MAP sensor kind (neuspeed version). I have spent some time googling and haven’t seen any one being better than the other.. However, I did read somewhere that the Neuspeed one caused temp errors of some sort? Or some sort of inaccuracies versus the straight tap into the manifold. Don’t quote me on that one lol. Sorry for the possible redundancy..

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Bringing this back from the dead, maybe... Was looking at getting a boost tap and wondering if anybody has any suggestions? Punching hole through manifold versus throttle body versus MAP sensor kind (neuspeed version). I have spent some time googling and haven’t seen any one being better than the other.. However, I did read somewhere that the Neuspeed one caused temp errors of some sort? Or some sort of inaccuracies versus the straight tap into the manifold. Don’t quote me on that one lol. Sorry for the possible redundancy..
NEVER map spacer location. I can confirm they affect IATs with false readings. Took mine off after a 10 min drive. Went with APR

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
NEVER map spacer location. I can confirm they affect IATs with false readings. Took mine off after a 10 min drive. Went with APR
Awesome! Thanks for the info! I just bought the APR boost gauge lol. I was just worried about the dealer possibly giving me crap if I had a boost tap poking into the manifold. I guess it’s really not that big of a deal at the end of the day. Just paranoid I guess lol