GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best/affordable wheels

eddiep

Hi all,
I'm new to the GTI/car scene. I'm looking to get aftermarket wheels/tires but don't want to spend a bunch of money.

Any recommendations on wheels to get? Preferably black wheels. And if anyone knows a place/anyone i can buy from with a wheel/tire deal- please let me know as well. I also do not know which specs are best for my car. I drive a stock 2015 SE- but plan on getting stage 2 APR(probably) tuned eventually.

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lots of threads, "best" is subjective, don't completely cheap out on wheels. Get lightweight ones. Tire rack is a good place to start.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Welcome to the club! If you're on FB, join "novadubs"....they a TON of for sale threads and wheels/tires are a plenty on there, usually. Also, Tirerack.com is a good one too, or even the wheel/tire classified over on vwvortex.com, under 5x112.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Konig wheels are decent in price/quality/weight

This

Also these

https://www.fastwheels.ca/default.aspx?lang=en-US

I can vouch for these wheels as being a good cheap option. Find a dealer that will ship from Canada to US for reasonable price. I used AWside auto. JP set me up real good and threw in hardware with a custom coupon code, set was shipped for 125 flat rate.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
This

Also these

https://www.fastwheels.ca/default.aspx?lang=en-US

I can vouch for these wheels as being a good cheap option. Find a dealer that will ship from Canada to US for reasonable price. I used AWside auto. JP set me up real good and threw in hardware with a custom coupon code, set was shipped for 125 flat rate.

Have these at 18x8, ET30 and 18lbs a piece....love them. OP....you should list price point so some of us can track down some winners for you....some folks on here are gurus.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Konig wheels are decent in price/quality/weight

My recommendation would also be for Konigs. They're decently priced and (depending on which wheel) are flow formed. The Ampliforms don't come in Black, but do come in a Graphite color.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Motegi, TSW but some are heavy. Enkei and of course Konig and Neuspeed! I have Motegi Traklites on two cars now, had them on my Mini as well, great quality, light and strong!

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I believe the GTI crowd consensus is you want to buy the Walmart wheels from a thread a few days ago.

We need a guinea pig! You can be the first one!

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
Best is definitely subjective. Stay away from no-name brands on ebay. Personally I run Motegi MR135s at an inch wider or two wider than stock and they weigh the same. Stay away from wheels that weigh a ton unless you only care about looks. I had Konigs on my last car a MKV Rabbit and did shop TSWs a bit for this car. Definitely hit up your local craigslist or equivalent along with local facebook pages.