GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

being curious : Hood Spacers / Rear Wiper Delete Kit

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I had to Google hood spacers.

That's a great way to make your car look like it was repaired poorly after a wreck.

X2

Hood spacers only look good on classic cars that are cammed

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
GREAT then what can you tell me about it, did you code out the rear windshield washer function ? or anything I should know before attempting it ?

I pretty much just installed it. It involved removing a few rear panels on the hatch and taking out the rear wiper. Its pretty straight forward. There are a few videos on Youtube that show the install. I watched the ECS video. Took about an hour maybe. I didn't have to code anything out. There is no error code for the rear wiper not being there. I'm not even sure if you can "code" out the rear wiper function.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I pretty much just installed it. It involved removing a few rear panels on the hatch and taking out the rear wiper. Its pretty straight forward. There are a few videos on Youtube that show the install. I watched the ECS video. Took about an hour maybe. I didn't have to code anything out. There is no error code for the rear wiper not being there. I'm not even sure if you can "code" out the rear wiper function.

yes you can code it out with vcds and likely obd11. You can also disable the rear washer squirter.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Any particular reason to code it out? I don't think I have yet to hit the rear squirter by accident. I can see doing it if it was throwing a code...but it doesn't. The markings on the right stalk are still there...its not like it'll vanish if you code it out?.

spiker369

on air, don't care
yes you can code it out with vcds and likely obd11. You can also disable the rear washer squirter.
hai friend
when I took my wiper off on the mk7 I didnt have to code anything, it disable the squirter on my car when the wiper was unplugged. on the mk6 I had to code it off tho. might be different year to year tho knowing vw. 2017 SE here.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i did the rear wiper delete. sometimes wish i had the wiper during the winter or rain when using the car as a daily. best suited for a weekend car that you keep clean. otherwise be prepared to carry glass cleaner and a microfiber with ya cause the hatch design really attracts some serious dirt. All said, i love the look - just a little less grocery getter IMO. A little cleaner (even though the glass literally gets dirtier LOL)

WTF is a hood spacer?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
The theory is that at speeds it would create an air vacuum in the engine bay, sucking out the hot air from the back at the windshield and helping bringing in colder air from the front.

Does it work in reducing engine bay temps? Barely. Does it look fucking stupid? Absolutely.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Take off your bumper cover and drive into a wall, then put your bumper cover back on for the same effect.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Why code out the squirter? Cut the hose, a few drops of superglue gel and Bob's your uncle.

A lot of people are fans of reversible modifications. Being able to put the wiper back on in the event of selling or trading the car sits well with me.

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
A lot of people are fans of reversible modifications. Being able to put the wiper back on in the event of selling or trading the car sits well with me.
the absolute answer is here ! but for me, it is because I will ALSO code out the 3rd brake light because the PANDEM wing goes OVER that part of the hatch

DONT WORRY, I know it aint legal... I just want to rewire it to a triangle "F1 style" universal thingy (u know... the thing subaru guys have on their rear bumpers ) that I will get hooked to my custom rear diffuser :p

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Can anyone explain wtf a hood spacer is/does? I can't bring myself to add it to my browser search history...