GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

being curious : Hood Spacers / Rear Wiper Delete Kit

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
The theory is that at speeds it would create an air vacuum in the engine bay, sucking out the hot air from the back at the windshield and helping bringing in colder air from the front.

Does it work in reducing engine bay temps? Barely. Does it look fucking stupid? Absolutely.
Can anyone explain wtf a hood spacer is/does? I can't bring myself to add it to my browser search history...

Like 5 posts up man. Jeezus.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
The theory is that at speeds it would create an air vacuum in the engine bay, sucking out the hot air from the back at the windshield and helping bringing in colder air from the front.

Does it work in reducing engine bay temps? Barely. Does it look fucking stupid? Absolutely.
Bad theory. Your car builds up a "bubble" of high pressure air at the base of your windshield. That is why some of the Muscle Cars of the 60s had rear facing hood scoops. That high pressure area would either push air back under your hood or keep hot air from leaving the back of your hood.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Oh I didn't say the theory was correct lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
for the same 'effect' of the hood spacer many on here just remove the rubber trim between the cowl and the back of the hood - also increases audible boost noises without looking dumb