GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Been away a while...what is the best turbo upgrade + tune in 2020?

Oldschoolmk7v2

Could not for life of me sort out my old login. Lol. Anywho, past 2016 mk7 GTI owner. Moved into 18 GT pp1 a10 and still have it. Looking to get into awd mbq. Love the rs3/TT-rs, but too much coin still. Looking at lightly used Dsg 2016-18 golf R, S3, or TTs.

Want year around traction/hook. I see most of you guys are still around aka Diggs, Hoon, etc etc. What turbo swaps are working best today? Tunes or tunes? Looking to do dp, ic, turbo, fuel upgrades, and ecu/tcu tuning right out of gate. Low 400’s hp/tq the goal reliably. Thoughts?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
EQT Vortex. Fastest spool, more than enough power. Can go EQT Vortex XL if you want a little more power at the expense of spool. Might as well have them tune their own turbo too. EQT all around.

Oldschoolmk7v2

I just want some 1.6-1.7 60 foots on the street without resorting to rwd drag setups. I enjoy the handling too. Honestly guys, the mbq is the best bang for you buck going imo. The VW 4g63. Lol.

And in the real world if your not getting it done by 120 mph who cares imo. I have dumb ass friends with 1300 hp mustangs that will barely hook below 100-110 mph. Too much risk...

Oldschoolmk7v2

So is the Magic/Majesty still the deal @ 250 price range? I see they have a twin cooler knockoff now.

Those MF’s owe me some commission $$.... lol.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
To bad that therealvrt? never showed any logs of his TPC38, decent price for what you get.

https://www.turbopartscanada.ca/collections/audi/products/tpc38-k-spec
I've asked TPC for real dyno graphs, etc. from tuners/etc. for the TPC20 and TPC38 to show spool(since the spool on the ones they advertise is terrible, especially for an is20 based turbo), and their response has basically been "they are out there". Do you happen to know where one can find any? haha