Beat my first V8 today.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Beat a Camaro SS today.

Car: 2017 or 2018 Camaro SS 8sp v 2016 Mk7 gti 6sp

Camaro mods: Exhaust, the rest unknown.
My current mods: CAI, exhaust, CTS DP, tuned by stratified (91 oct), short throw shifter, is20 stock.

Had a really enjoyable race. It was a lot closer than I had thought it would of been.

The first race, we both floor it I was in 3rd and he was probably in 4th gear. He gets a slight lead, but once I shifted from 3rd to 4th, I got him by my rear door. He had a slight lead from the instant torque, but I reeled him in quickly in forth.
The second race, we floor it again, I this time I had the advantage on him. I kept in front the entire time. About only by a car length. They were some really good races. It was also a good measurement to see where the car is currently at right now.

Cool dude too, hopefully I get to race another SS in the near future.

Last edited:

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Seriously, I’m shocked i thought an SS would pull on you for sure!
Yeah, me too. I was kind of shocked honestly. The SS is actually one of my favorite muscle cars.
I also know that they're really fast after getting a renter in a 2020 SS, they're absolute beasts. Definitely great feeling car all around as well. If I were to get a muscle car, I would definitely get a SS or a ZL1.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
The SS is like 450hp... How did you pull that on a Stg1 91oct tune that sits at around 310hp? I know they're heavier but you can have a lighter weight spec that sits around 3300lbs... That's a lot more HP moving it than extra weight. Nice pull though. Would have liked to see the video!

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Oh and for reference, my sister's boyfriend has a 2017 camaro SS. The 450ish hp one so I know how hard they pull. I'm still stock so I'm not sure how fast stg1 truly feels in this car but I had a K04 Mk6 which put me around 350-360ish hp and 400ish torque. That was really fast but even questionable if I could have taken him down. This makes me think Stg1 mk7 is faster or at least equal to a K04 Mk6 gti? That's pretty damn impressive from just a tune and no extra hardware.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Oh and for reference, my sister's boyfriend has a 2017 camaro SS. The 450ish hp one so I know how hard they pull. I'm still stock so I'm not sure how fast stg1 truly feels in this car but I had a K04 Mk6 which put me around 350-360ish hp and 400ish torque. That was really fast but even questionable if I could have taken him down. This makes me think Stg1 mk7 is faster or at least equal to a K04 Mk6 gti? That's pretty damn impressive from just a tune and no extra hardware.

no, K04’s do not make 350-360HP/400TQ. They make like 320-330HP/340-350TQ