GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Careful out there guys. Remember, hikers and cyclists have right of way. If you hit one, you're in for a sure hurting from the authorities. Keep it safe for all of us!
Maaaaaan...those hikers and bikers can go fu....nah just playing. Pedestrians always crossing roads from parking lots and such. Definitely be aware of people, and animals!

Also, be mindful of road conditions...be responsible!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Maaaaaan...those hikers and bikers can go fu....nah just playing. Pedestrians always crossing roads from parking lots and such. Definitely be aware of people, and animals!

Also, be mindful of road conditions...be responsible!
Yea.. it sucks that there are cars parked along the sides of roads and people being stupid by popping out between them, but if we hit one... man.. game over for months at least. I'd rather slow down than deal with a murder charge or ticket. Go early is the key!

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Yea.. it sucks that there are cars parked along the sides of roads and people being stupid by popping out between them, but if we hit one... man.. game over for months at least. I'd rather slow down than deal with a murder charge or ticket. Go early is the key!
Yup...I don't go out that way too often for that reason. Two weekends ago, I did see a really bad accident on the Palisades Parkway coming home from Haverstraw due to poor weather conditions.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yup...I don't go out that way too often for that reason. Two weekends ago, I did see a really bad accident on the Palisades Parkway coming home from Haverstraw due to poor weather conditions.
Dude, the fog in some of those areas sometimes is really crazy. Up by woodbury, I've had the highway disappear in front of me when there was two way traffic without a divider. OMG.. I was so scared. Night time too.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Dude, the fog in some of those areas sometimes is really crazy. Up by woodbury, I've had the highway disappear in front of me when there was two way traffic without a divider. OMG.. I was so scared. Night time too.
Bad weather, fog, NY craters (potholes)...I hear ya. We have such beautiful scenery up here to drive through, but with our shitty roads and questionable weather at times can make any drive a nightmare around here even if you're familiar with the area.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Arden Valley road is open again, for those who might not know.

You can now loop Kanawauke to 7 lakes, to Arden Valley, to old 17, and back to Kanawauke.

Arden Valley on its own is an absolute blast, such serious tight turns and a lot of switch backs, it's legitimately challenging.

Between 6 and 7 am I was the only one on the roads up in Harriman, so if you want to shred these roads that window is basically wide open.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Hope everyone in the area is safe.
Had to pick up my father from Westchester Airport yesterday during the storm. I'm glad I drove his Forerunner, roads had tons of debris and rushing water. Got to the top of Bear Mountain just to turn around and find another route which wasn't any better.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Had to pick up my father from Westchester Airport yesterday during the storm. I'm glad I drove his Forerunner, roads had tons of debris and rushing water. Got to the top of Bear Mountain just to turn around and find another route which wasn't any better.

Yeah, I heard it was baaaad.. like whole sections of road washed away.

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
Im in a neighboring town to the area and in thier FB groups. Some of the images from the storm are truly horrific. The damage to the area is beyond comprehension.

Here is just some of the craziness.

FB_IMG_1689129755888.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129727437.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129690796.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129672413.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129640652.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129616802.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129571711.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129553179.jpg

FB_IMG_1689129506373.jpg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Thank you for this thread. I'll be in the area this weekend and will drive the route/loop. Looking forward to the drive.