GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

bouba

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Love this route, doing the Tiorati brook road just off the palisades to the Seven Lakes road and relaxing at the Silvermine Lake parking lot. Have had a lot of fun zooming around on the twistys early in the am before folks are out. Most times I see no one at all, once I went a little later and saw some guys in 911s and followed them along Arden Valley road up to Perkins tower
I’d been going most Saturday's from early October into November, not going now because my GF and I will go skiing up to hunter.
Super excited to start doing this on any Saturday that weather permits! I drive up from Brooklyn in a dark grey mk7.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Love this route, doing the Tiorati brook road just off the palisades to the Seven Lakes road and relaxing at the Silvermine Lake parking lot. Have had a lot of fun zooming around on the twistys early in the am before folks are out. Most times I see no one at all, once I went a little later and saw some guys in 911s and followed them along Arden Valley road up to Perkins tower
I’d been going most Saturday's from early October into November, not going now because my GF and I will go skiing up to hunter.
Super excited to start doing this on any Saturday that weather permits! I drive up from Brooklyn in a dark grey mk7.
Yeah it’s great. I use to drive up from Brooklyn also. Bay Ridge to be exact.

bouba

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Wish I could go today, the weather looks PERFECT. My GTI is in the shop unexpectedly with a leaky timing seal cover. Was so excited to try out the new dogbone insert. Oh well, next time!

Bryans12v

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 GTI, 22 Tig Rline
I live out by Middletown and have yet to run this 😔

The best way for you to get to Kanawauke would be to take 17A. 17A out of Warwick is another great driving road and leads right into kanawauke.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Bros,

Just FYI, a lot of the roads in Harriman State park are closed for the Winter from Dec. 1st to April 1st.

Kanawauke is one of the roads that is closed. Don't waste your time rolling up that way unless you're just looking to cruise 7 lakes.

bouba

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
Excited for spring! Might take a run this Saturday morning (the 9th)—getting my clutch replaced with the SRE clutch this Monday and won’t be able to do any spirited driving for a bit so it can bed properly. Hoping the weather cooperates and I can get a few good laps in!
lol APR stage 1 has started to fry the old clutch on my used 2017. Bought it at 49K miles.

PRRUFFRIDER

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Excited for spring! Might take a run this Saturday morning (the 9th)—getting my clutch replaced with the SRE clutch this Monday and won’t be able to do any spirited driving for a bit so it can bed properly. Hoping the weather cooperates and I can get a few good laps in!
lol APR stage 1 has started to fry the old clutch on my used 2017. Bought it at 49K miles.
What time are you looking to head up? You coming from what part of NYC?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yikes!

Saw a minor forest fire near one of the campgrounds off of 7 lakes road. It was flaming up pretty good at 6 am. People were already on scene and as I was coming back down from Kanawauke I saw a train of engines heading to the scene about 40 minutes later.

Pretty sure they'll get it under control but it was wild to see the flames like that.

Otherwise, Kanawauke has some pot holes at the top where you enter from the traffic circle and an even worse one where you enter at the bottom from 17 A. The one from 17A is a teeth rattler, it's on the left most side of the rightlane right after you come overacross the over pass.

Sun-up til 7am Kanawauke is a blast. After that people start to filter into the area, by 7:30 you're gonna run into slow movers(like, people going 25mph) and people on the road side near the parking areas.

Be safe, bros!

Last edited: