GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

ZuMBLe

Go Kart Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
When are the brooklyn peeps rolling out? I'm in the astoria area so you'll likely need to pass me.

Does the google maps route thing work with Android Auto/Carplay?

MiamiBourne

Ready to race!
When are the brooklyn peeps rolling out? I'm in the astoria area so you'll likely need to pass me.

Does the google maps route thing work with Android Auto/Carplay?
I'm coming from Brooklyn. BQE to FDR North, GWB and then Palisades. It's so early though...not sure I want to stop. Lol.

FYI there is a Pride Parade in NYC. Take that into consideration when you are driving back. I'll be driving back through Jersey to go through State Island.

If you start the route on your phone then it should work on Carplay. You can test this out by just adding multiple routes on your phone and starting the directions and then plugging in your phone to the USB. It might work with the phone plugged in but from entering the destinations on the phone only. Not the Carplay screen.

At least that's how I remember it.

ZuMBLe

Go Kart Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
I'll be doing Triboro to Harlem River to GWB to Palisades. Nah don't stop, hoping to loosely coordinate so maybe we can see each other on the road on the way up. I'll test the routing thing later. I'd rather have it display on my center screen and use my phone for engine information. ;)

I'll have a radio on.

I'm coming from Brooklyn. BQE to FDR North, GWB and then Palisades. It's so early though...not sure I want to stop. Lol.

FYI there is a Pride Parade in NYC. Take that into consideration when you are driving back. I'll be driving back through Jersey to go through State Island.

If you start the route on your phone then it should work on Carplay. You can test this out by just adding multiple routes on your phone and starting the directions and then plugging in your phone to the USB. It might work with the phone plugged in but from entering the destinations on the phone only. Not the Carplay screen.

At least that's how I remember it.

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
The world's largest Subaru Enthusiast event is coming to CT this weekend. It comes around every summer in June. I think it would be funny to see a hundred VW GTI's or something roll up in the neighborhoods of the track and toy with the WRX gearheads :)

sticky_bandit

Updated the list of who's going so far. I'm guessing the early time has ruled some people out but...should make for a nice traffic free run for the most part!

List of Who's Going:

1. MiamiBourne (Vwvortex/GolfMK7)
  2. Brian (WhatsApp)
  3. davewg (Vwvortex/GolfMk7)
  4. Lucas (WhatsApp)
  5. Albert (WhatsApp
  6. emiladam (Vwvortex) 'Maybe'
  7. John (WhatsApp) 'Maybe'

Count me in, coming from Yonkers if that helps anyone. I’ll pick up a two way radio tomorrow as well. Might have to dip out after the first run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MiamiBourne

Ready to race!
Great turnout today. 7am rollout is definitely preferred as these were the best runs yet. Thanks for everyone that showed up!

Until the next run. Here are some pics.

ZuMBLe

Go Kart Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for organizing, Alex! We had a great time during the drive. I don't think I've ever pushed my car that hard for that long before. Hope everyone got home safe. This so what we did after the drive.

MiamiBourne

Ready to race!
Thanks for organizing, Alex! We had a great time during the drive. I don't think I've ever pushed my car that hard for that long before. Hope everyone got home safe. This so what we did after the drive.
Hey, glad you can make it. Funny that you, me and the other two Gti's all found each other at the GWB as we all left at different times.

Where did you go for breakfast. If I didn't have stuff to do at home I would have liked to grab some.

ZuMBLe

Go Kart Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Hey, glad you can make it. Funny that you, me and the other two Gti's all found each other at the GWB as we all left at different times.

Where did you go for breakfast. If I didn't have stuff to do at home I would have liked to grab some.
Yea that was pretty cool that we were all crossing the bridge at the same time. I guess it's expected if we all planned to be up at the start point at 6:45.

We ended up eating in Nyack. There are some really good places to eat up there. We ate here, def recommended.

Strawberry Place

https://yelp.to/qTKq/xb8eWjy2WX

MiamiBourne

Ready to race!
Can we turn this team into a water fest cruise? I’m going Saturday afternoon from Hopatcong.

I’ve thought of starting a thread for a meetup Sunday (only day I’m going) morning at 8am at one of the Wawa’s (1115 NJ-73, Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054) in Mount Laurel. A a lot of people book hotels in that area so I thought it was a good spot.

Rollout would be around 8:20 since gates open at 9am believe and it will probably be a line to get in.

MiamiBourne

Ready to race!
Next Run

Voting for the next run has begun and there are 8 votes for both 08/18 and 08/25. I won't be able to make it as my wife and I are expecting our first born any day now...

I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible.

lawye

Any updates if the 8/18 run is happening? Got some friends interested in going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk