GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bear Mountain Runs (Ongoing)

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Update to Original Post

Made a few updates to the original thread in regards to the routes. Decided to create two routes (basically split the route in 2). One is a loop round Seven Lakes that we can run a few times and the other is for going to the top of Bear Mountain (Perkins Memorial Tower).

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I may join in if my GF feels like going for a drive. Not sure if can keep up with you guys though. Haha.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
06/09/2019 Run

Looks like we have about 11 people confirmed for tomorrow. Of course the last 2 runs much more people showed up than what was confirmed.

We will be on frs channel 5/5 for anyone bringing a 2 way radio which I highly recommend. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

idriveastick

Ready to race!
6/9/19

davewg

Ready to race!
i might be able to do the 30th. it depends if i am in town for work or not. if anyone is near the mount laurel/cherry hill area and want to convoy up there, let me know.

I'm headed up there for the 6/30 date. Be aware though that the start time might change from 9am to 7am to beat traffic and activity in the park.

If you plan to go, let me know and we can drive up (super early).

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Bear Mountain Run Videos (06.09.19)

Here are few videos from the Bear Mountain run last Sunday. I did my best to leave the first one unedited so it's little long. The second video we got stuck behind a slow driver on the way up to Bear Mountain so I had to cut that out. Video is sped up x 1.25 to save time and make the video look a bit more interesting. For some reason at 100% these type of videos always look too slow.

Because of the traffic between 9am-12pm the next run on 6/30 will start at 7am with a slightly different route leaving from Lake Welch Beach. I'll post the details soon.

Here are the vids:

Seven Lakes Loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06CC-ZhETw&t=1s

Seven Lakes to Perkins Memorial Tower on Bear Mountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOdJcD-Ws4

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Cool! How long did you all hang out for? Pretty cool seeing you guys drive the roads I usually bike on. I've never actually driven those roads "fast".

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Cool! How long did you all hang out for? Pretty cool seeing you guys drive the roads I usually bike on. I've never actually driven those roads "fast".

Thanks! We were out there from about 9-12pm. Though more than half the cars left when we drove to the top of Bear Mountain. Then we drove across the Bear Mountain State Bridge and grabbed lunch at Table 9.

Good times for sure. Hope you can make it out next time.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks! We were out there from about 9-12pm. Though more than half the cars left when we drove to the top of Bear Mountain. Then we drove across the Bear Mountain State Bridge and grabbed lunch at Table 9.

Good times for sure. Hope you can make it out next time.
I'm going to try to make the next one. Hope my Alltrack can keep up. Haha.

razorbilo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2017 X1
i might be able to do the 30th. it depends if i am in town for work or not. if anyone is near the mount laurel/cherry hill area and want to convoy up there, let me know.

well, word came down. i won't be around on the 30th unfortunately. My unit got tapped for a tasking leaving this weekend. Hopefully I'll see y'all in a few months.

sticky_bandit

Hey all, I’m a new member and a new owner of a 2019 Rabbit. Sadly missed out on the 9th but might be able to do the 30th. From what I gather it’ll be 7am, is that right? I’m coming from lower Westchester and was wondering if anyone else was too. I’ve honked at a few GTIs in my area recently. Hoping to meet some other like minded people nearby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk