GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BCM part number

jollybob2182

Car(s)
vw golf mk7 gtd 2014
Hello can anybody help me I have a VW golf mk7 GTD 2014, I would like to fit the 10 colors to my Mib2 discovery pro head unit, have been told I need to change my BCM but I don’t know which one I need, Im looking for help to find the right BCM part number can any body help me with part number, I would be very Great full for your help.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Does you car have kessy?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
5Q0937085CC is for non kessy cars
5Q0937084DD is for kessy cars.

Both have ambient light support, but are facelift bcms. So setting up the adaptations is a pain in the ass.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
UK keys are 433/434, even without kessy?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The frequency is indicated on the key fob... 315 for NAR vehicles, and 433/434 for ROW
Capture.JPG

I first "ran into" this question when looking up BCM's for my heated seat retrofit... ended up going with ETKA called out.
But then when I asked the guys at VAG Retrofit about BCM recommendations I brought up that the 84DD was a 433/434 BCM. They believed (as did we) that it was a non issue because you can select the frequency via adaptation (or long coding, pre-facelift). Then as you discovered our key would work right next to the BCM, suggesting a missing antenna.
US Golfs have 315MHz while European Golfs have 433MHz. Your vehicle key should tell you what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Trying an 084dd in a UK non kessy would be a good experiment to see if they use the kessy antennas.

I mean the 084 does see the keys, just not at any sort of distance. I would think it will be the same for the 434 no kessy keys.

I need to do a kessy retrofit to experiment 🤔

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ahhh I got it now... You're thinking there's no antenna at all on the 84 DD. I'm thinking the 84 DD just lacks a 315 Mhz antenna... Or rather the length of the antenna in the 84DD is too short to effectively receive 315 Mhz.

Antenna for 315 should be a few inches longer than one for 433. So it's possible each has a different length antenna. Inside of the BCM this wouldn't be straight, it would be coiled and then checked (tuned) to make sure it still receives effectively. But that would mean the coiled antenna tuned for one frequency would be really bad at picking up the other frequency.

Then the adaptation channel just tells the BCM that it should respond to commands received on that frequency. So when set to 433 the 84DD completely ignores your key. Except to 315 it does respond but it's really bad at receiving.