GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BC Drivers with Aftermarket Intercoolers

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
As Vancouverites, we pride ourselves for having the best weather amongst our provincial siblings. But today, my car felt slower than normal and my in-car temp gauge said it was 28C.

Who of you from BC/Vancouver have upgraded intercoolers or even front mounts? Do we really need them for the kind of summers we typically have?

Just curious.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Can't say that I have noticed the car going any slower but then again I can't take the heat so I try and do my driving in the morning hours or evening hours other than that it still pulls hard and is very quick this car always seems to amaze me cooling issues not really worried about that I don't think It gets that hot here

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Nope no issues at all! This is probably the hottest it will get all year round right now, so I'm not too concerned about the temp! If you constantly track your car and pull it to redline very often, then yes, I would upgrade the intercooler!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Thanks for the input. It's just that CTS has their summer sale on right now and I was just wondering if I should take advantage with an FMIC.

I'll just use the money towards BFI mounts and suspension upgrades :)